New system, need memory suggestions

CodeWaste

[H]ard|Gawd
I have decided that i will be building a new core (mobo, cpu,mem) system in 2-3 months. I have pretty much decided that i will be getting a Athlon 3200+ for the processor and the mobo will basically be whichever one i can get with the most I/O ports on it, (i have a lot of junk hooked up to my comp) as most bench's i have seen are only different by a couple of percentage points. I have decided the mobo will be a VIA chipset however.

the only thing that is still up in the air is the memory. at first i was concerned about cost, but as i read more i realize that good and poor memory can make a large difference in a system. i want at least 1 gb, 1.5 would be better and 2 would be best. Money is sort of an issue, but i am willing to adjust my priorities for a substantal performance increase. I cannot stress enough the importance of quality.

What do other [H]'s think would be a good choice of memory for me. corsair is the only one that i can think of. but as i look on the net, they seem to be alittle overpriced. or should i just get over the price and realise that i cannot have my cake and eat it too?

Please advise

The second ones definately piqued my interest. unfortuantely i felt a sharp pang in my stomach. Are they really worth the money?

CodeWaste said:
The second ones definately piqued my interest. unfortuantely i felt a sharp pang in my stomach. Are they really worth the money?
It's very good stuff. It doesn't overclock as high as stuff from Corsair or OCZ, however. If you need fast memory with tight timings, you really won't find any better value than Mushkin.

Back