New Swype 3 update

T4rd

Fully [H]
Check out what's changed.

Nice changes for tablet and phones users. The best being (IMO) that they did away with that annoying/intrusive word pop-up window and it now has the horizontal word choice selection like the stock and other popular KBs.

Swype was pretty frustrating for a while until I quit using it a couple months ago in favor of the FlexT9 (which wasn't much better) and the stock keyboard. At the time it was accurate about 50% of the time, so I wasn't saving much time over using my physical keyboard or even the stock software keyboard.

But just from using the past 30 mins or so, it seems much better and more accurate now with this major revision. I would recommend if you're on the beta, to re-install or update it and try it out :).

Installed the latest update but then it gave me some BS about licensing, which I went through and fixed, but then it wouldn't allow me to type anything, kept showing a blue box around the keyboard. Went ahead and remove Swype altogether, it's been more of a PITA than something useful the last few weeks. This is on a Nexus S 4G.

Installed the latest update but then it gave me some BS about licensing, which I went through and fixed, but then it wouldn't allow me to type anything, kept showing a blue box around the keyboard. Went ahead and remove Swype altogether, it's been more of a PITA than something useful the last few weeks. This is on a Nexus S 4G.

Yeah, the Swype installer usually messes up the licensing for me too. Sometimes I have to reinstall/re-license it a few times for it to work right. Not sure why that is, but it is annoying. I used to have to reboot my phone after I uninstall the old version in order for the new one to install right.

Just in case you try again, the new version I have Version 3.5.83.26516.t100.26525. I had something like 2.2~ sometime before that and it's significantly better for me now.

wont work on phones with swype preloaded without rooting

Won't the two versions conflict on a phone with pre-installed swype?

Won't the two versions conflict on a phone with pre-installed swype?

Not sure, but I would think it would overwrite the pre-installed version just as a normal app update would. Maybe someone here should try that and confirm.

Back