New SFF gamer case: Mini ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a little work I think I could mod my SG05 to be near identical to this new case that may never even be released in AU :rolleyes:

With a little work I think I could mod my SG05 to be near identical to this new case that may never even be released in AU :rolleyes:

Really, you can fit a 5970, a 160mm ATX power supply and a H50?:cool: I want to see that!
It's hard to see but as it is, the case is really well optimized, in the sense that there is not much space left for anything when it is mounted.
The case will be available in AU. We'll do our best!

Sabregen, yes, you are in! ;)

Apparently a member @ OCAU priced up getting a Lan Gear mATX case to Australia which worked out at about $270 each :eek: :(

Apparently a member @ OCAU priced up getting a Lan Gear mATX case to Australia which worked out at about $270 each :eek: :(

Although that's a pretty high number, it sounds about right.

DA BOX classic USD to AUD > $178

For aussie post, shipping for a 3-3.5kg (weight of Da box) parcel - to the other side of the world (used Denmark as example), is $99 express, $93 air, and $46 sea.

So if the itx case is $130 after conversion, assuming it's about 2 kgs, aussies will pay almost $200 including shipping.

Although that's a pretty high number, it sounds about right.

DA BOX classic USD to AUD > $178

For aussie post, shipping for a 3-3.5kg (weight of Da box) parcel - to the other side of the world (used Denmark as example), is $99 express, $93 air, and $46 sea.

So if the itx case is $130 after conversion, assuming it's about 2 kgs, aussies will pay almost $200 including shipping.

No, this is not what I meant. Although this is the current situation for Da Box:(
Once we release the new mini ITX, we will ship a large load to somebody there that will distribute it so that you don't end up paying $300+ to have one.

No, this is not what I meant. Although this is the current situation for Da Box:(
Once we release the new mini ITX, we will ship a large load to somebody there that will distribute it so that you don't end up paying $300+ to have one.

I hope so as I am sure the demand for this m-itx case will be quite high as m-itx builds are becoming more common due to availability of high quality / reasonably prices boards......AT LAST :D

+1 to 3 USB ports. :)

Edit: I'm definitely going to buy this case so I've been thinking of how to get watercooling into there.

I thought of this;
Much like the PSU bracket/holder except it holds a 120mm fan or radiator. Makes custom watercooling (Not the H50) very possible. Just an idea, I'll probably get some aluminium cut somewhere myself.
2gt6ry9.jpg

Last edited:

It would be really awesome if you did get some over in Australia, id definately buy one.

NEWS UPDATE: revision 2.0
Hi All,
We are working on the drawings of REV 2.0 of the mini ITX. We have made quite a few modifications and we are thinking of posting some more pictures of the 1.0 for you to comment.
Overall, we are going to increase the length of 10mm (or less), and the height of 2-3mm. It's mostly to make sure that we are fully compatible with most PSU and heatsink on the market.
Right now, we are limited to about 145mm height (heatsink).
We are also including a compatibility with the H50. Also, a fairly simple mod will allow users to install a 240mm water cooling heatsink on the side.
The rest of the modification will help reduce manufacturing cost and facilitate the assembling of the case (which can be tricky right now).
Stay posted, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
What will the mod for the 240mm radiator entail? Are you considering ever making pre-modded cases for watercooling?

Last edited:
Where is the exhaust port going to be for the PSU?

And mounting an H50 is going to be very hard. There is no room for the pipes to go. I suppose you could mod the H50 and shorten the tubing, but that is pretty risky IMO =/,

Also, is there a mounting bracket for HDDs? I'm assuming it goes underneath the slim optical drive?

Where is the exhaust port going to be for the PSU?

And mounting an H50 is going to be very hard. There is no room for the pipes to go. I suppose you could mod the H50 and shorten the tubing, but that is pretty risky IMO =/,

Also, is there a mounting bracket for HDDs? I'm assuming it goes underneath the slim optical drive?

All of this has been discussed. Go to SFFclub.com to check some more pictures. The PSU exhausts via a slim port on the top of the case. They've said they're going to make fine adjustments so that not only the H50, but a 240mm rad can fit inside, so I wouldn't worry about any need to mod parts.

I guess the 240 rad'll fit with only one 120mm fan? I don't see how another 120mm fan can fit next to the PSU without widening the case but that will increase the volume.

I guess the 240 rad'll fit with only one 120mm fan? I don't see how another 120mm fan can fit next to the PSU without widening the case but that will increase the volume.

it's possible it will fit if you use a fan like the 12mm Scythe slipstreams. I've got some, they push a decent amount of air.

All of this has been discussed. Go to SFFclub.com to check some more pictures. The PSU exhausts via a slim port on the top of the case. They've said they're going to make fine adjustments so that not only the H50, but a 240mm rad can fit inside, so I wouldn't worry about any need to mod parts.

Sweet.

For some reason sffclub's website is always finicky from my country, and I can't seem to load it.

Thanks for the info tho. This is definitely going to possibly replace my SG06.

:D

I passed on an AM2+ Zotac mini-ITX open box board today at Fry's because I don't have this chassis yet, and didn't want to start YET ANOTHER project that would be in-flux. I already know it's going to be an HTPC rig... maybe a WHS, if I can get enough storage into it... those 500GB momentus drives might come in handy, afterall.

well.. finally got some money in.. now if this case would just be released..

So next week makes it 5 weeks...about the time Matt said the prototypes would be getting back to him.........................

Hi Everybody,

Just to keep all of you up to date.
We are still waiting to get the latest update on the prototypes that were ordered a few weeks ago. We ended up splitting the prototyping to 2 plants because one plant was missing an essential tool necessary to the production and the other needed 7 weeks to get it done... well, welcome to the sheet metal industry!
We did quite a few improvements before we ordered this new batch of prototypes. The assembly of the internal parts should be much easier. A standard 160mm PSU will not overlap on the CPU heatsink (it slightly did in the last proto, about 1/4").
Everything else remains the same: all aluminum, 5970 compatible, etc...
I will try to get a firm date this week. I just wanted to let you know we were working at it;)

PS: anybody knows of a good chart for overall config power consumption with various GPUs? (another project we are working on)
PS 2: What is according to you, the best single slot video card?

Last edited:
Hey Matt. Thanks for the update!

Does this mean that we'll have to wait 7 weeks till you get the prototypes?

After a quick google, I found these two;
Benchmark Reviews
Tom's Hardware

I think the table on Benchmark Reviews may be more relevant to what you need as it has the latest GPUs on it.

As for the most powerful single slot graphics card, in my opinion? It would definitely be the 5970 without a doubt. The best 5970? That'd be the 5970 Toxic with 4GB of memory. I hear XFX is releasing a 4GB version as well soon but I may be wrong.

Sorry Matt, thought you said single card, not single slot. Supposedly a single slot 5770 is going to be released. That'd probably be the most powerful single slot on the market. Otherwise, it's the 5750.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back