New Sapphire PT-CI7S10H67 ITX Mobo

ramPage16

n00b
A tad late for another h67 board to come on the market, but regardless, it looks pretty nice.

i.jpg

i1.jpg

Specification
CPU Support Intel LGA1155: Intel Core i7 /i5 / i3 series processors
Chipset Intel® H67 Express Chipset
BIOS AMI BIOS, 16Mb Flash ROM
Memory 4 slots 240-pin DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600+ ECC or non-ECC ,un-buffered memory
16 GB Max.
Graphics Intel® HD Graphics
Expansion Slots 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots
1 x MINI PCI-E x1 slots
Storage 2 x Serial ATA III 6Gb/s connectors
2 x Serial ATA II 3Gb/s connectors
Supports HDDs with RAID 0, 1 functions
Audio Realtek ALC892 HD Audio CODEC with 8-Channel
Ethernet LAN Marvell 88E8057 PCI-Express Gigabit LAN
Rear Panel I / O 4 x USB 2.0 port
2 x USB 3.0 port
0 x HDMI port
1 x DisplayPort 1.1a
1 x SPDIF Optical Out
0 x Supporting Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR by Atheros AR3011
0 x Single Link DVI
PS/2 KB/MS combo port
Internal I / O 2 x USB 2.0 headers
CPU 4 pin PWM Fan connectors
3 Pin Chassis Fan connectors
24-pin ATX Power connector
Control (Front) panel headers
Clear CMOS jumpers
4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
Special Features Support CPU Smart FAN & ACPI S3 Function & 3D Audio Function
Form Factor Mini-iTX, Size 6.8" x 6.8"
OS support Windows 7 (32/64) bit

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?leg=&psn=000102&pid=1230

I'm probably just ignorant about other H67 boards, but this seems to be the first one to feature Virtu?

Memory 4 slots 240-pin DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600+ ECC or non-ECC ,un-buffered memory16 GB Max.
How are they going to pull that off?

I would love a MITX board that had 4 memory slots even if they were SODIMMS. Two in the normal spot and 2 on back of the board would be great.

I'm probably just ignorant about other H67 boards, but this seems to be the first one to feature Virtu?

My understanding of virtu is that it is software based and not hardware. They probably just include it on the driver disc, but any H67 based board should support it.

Those specs must be wrong.There is no space for 4 memory slots in a mITX mobo.
Yeah, the pictures of the board only show it having two memory slots, so their description/spec list is wrong.

My understanding of virtu is that it is software based and not hardware. They probably just include it on the driver disc, but any H67 based board should support it.
Well, I thought I remember reading on AT that the circuitry to allow dynamic switching/usage of the discrete and integrated GPUs was present in Z68 and P67 but not H67?

it also states that it has a mini pci-e slot, which i don't see on there, unless it's located on the back of the mobo. nothing here looks that impressive to be launching a product this late

Its not late for another H67 ITX apparently. I wasn't aware Sapphire made mobos though.

what a crappy cpu position... no large heatsinks with this mobo

Yeah, the pictures of the board only show it having two memory slots, so their description/spec list is wrong.

Well, I thought I remember reading on AT that the circuitry to allow dynamic switching/usage of the discrete and integrated GPUs was present in Z68 and P67 but not H67?

Not available on P67, but is for H67 and Z68. The P67 requires a discrete GPU as it has no way of using the IGP of the SB processor. The H67 can of course use the IGP and so it too can take advantage of virtu.
http://www.lucidlogix.com/product-virtu.html
Virtu has been design for Sandy Bridge platform H Series (H61/H67 and Z68 platforms) with 2nd Generation Core i5 or Core i7 CPUs.
Download the Virtu Driver here
it also states that it has a mini pci-e slot, which i don't see on there, unless it's located on the back of the mobo. nothing here looks that impressive to be launching a product this late

noticed that too

I wasn't aware Sapphire made mobos though.

They have for a number of years, but not all of their boards were available here in the USA. They did make waves BITD (maybe socket 939?) for having a mATX motherboard with a white PCB.

This one totally slipped past me...first time I'm seeing or hearing of it...

It might be late in the game for an H67 launch, but hey...at least they beat ECS to market?

;)

Liquid Cool

Back