New psu needed.

Bigshot

Gawd
I am in the market for a new power supply. So I need some opinions on some good ones. I myself have narrowed the field down to two choices. The new Enermax 475watt Noisetaker series or the PC power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe. I need the SATA connections that is one reason I chose these. Give me some advice. Thanks.

Question: If the one reason you choose those PSU is for the SATA connectors, what do you have against using SATA power adapters? And, more pertinently, what kind of system is this PSU going to be in that really warrents that big of a PSU. System specs would be helpful, along with a price range, if you want help choosing a PSU.

3.2 Pent lV
512meg ddr 3500 Corsair
36gig Raptor
40gig 7200 hd
Plextor 48x cd-rw
9800xt
5 80mm case fans
Hercules 7.1 Fortissimo
Vantec Areo flow

All this on an Abit IC7 MAX3
These are my specs. Price range under $200

There is little doubt in my mind that the PC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 510 Deluxe is your best bet, considering that it's in your budget. There are other power supplies with similar performance and far lower prices, but it seems that they all lack Serial ATA power connectors. Of course, there are adapters to solve this problem. Almost any computer store has them.

Back