New Painkiller game arrives October 2007!

mentok1982

Supreme [H]ardness
http://games.ign.com/articles/802/802851p1.html

I have not purchased or played the original, but it is on my list of games to buy.

Article said:
Features:

• A Prequel to the eventual Sequel bridges the storyline and ties up wandering ends.
• Overdose introduces a new character and storyline that examines the repercussions of Daniel defeating Lucifer in the original Painkiller!
• 16 NEW levels of fast-paced pain-killing action!
• 6 New Daemonic weapons grant the powers of a demi-god to souls awaiting damnation everywhere!
• Crafted and designed completely by Mindware Studios; long-time advocates and fans of the game.
• A reshuffled Tarot deck infuses Belial with new powers and devastating combinations.
• An innovative direction in the Painkiller universe!
• Over 40 demented and sickly-twisted monsters from Hell
• New End Bosses of colossal statures standing guard over Hell's crumbling domain and the entrances to the other realms!
• A revitalized commitment to multiplayer introduces a series of stats tracking features and game server options intended to revamp the multiplayer experience.
• Multiplayer compatibility with original Painkiller multiplayer maps and game modes!

Please visit: www.painkilleroverdose.com for more information.

Oh man! That's awesome. I love Painkiller, and the expansion. The graphics for the time were ridiculously nice, and now they are still great. I can't wait to see what the new one will offer.

NICE!! About damn time too, I just started playing the original and the expansion just a few weeks ago

Did Painkiller ever get a coop mode? I know they added a bunch of stuff to it, but I never got around to trying it out.

Loved the first one and can't wait for this one! Wow, this year is gonna kick arse for PC games !!! So many!

Im looking forward to this game but I am disappointed as the original dev aren't creating it. There is a chance of failure. :(

this game was seriously overlooked, unbelievably entertaining...

cant wait for the sequel (prequel).

heavily reminds me of an awesome old game named Requiem: Avenging Angel... where you had biblical powers like summoning locusts or turning enemies into pillars of salt.. it was absolutely awesome with a great story line... just wish I could play it on WinXP on my 7900..

Hell yeah!

First one was brilliant, if you've not played it, it's going cheap + expansion on steam.

It's kinda like a demonic serious sam but with weapons that are 10x more fun to use and most of which come with primary fire, secondary fire and a tertiary fire (long range stake bombs anyone?)

you could use the steak gun (plastering mobs against the walls was awsome!) and use it as a grenade launcher too, was quite a powerfull beginning weapon

MAN I can't wait to massively kill mobs for soul power again, that'll be awsome!

Checked out the Mindware homepage. Says it's a community-created mod.

...?

Care to elaborate? I knew about the flying Painkiller blade and the electrified shuriken, but this one's news to me.

Yes.

You could shoot the 2ndry fire with the stake launcher to fire a grenade, and if you shot a stake into that grenade mid air it pinned the grenade to the stake and created a sort of high velocity missile.

Hard to do though.

this game was seriously overlooked, unbelievably entertaining...

cant wait for the sequel (prequel).

heavily reminds me of an awesome old game named Requiem: Avenging Angel... where you had biblical powers like summoning locusts or turning enemies into pillars of salt.. it was absolutely awesome with a great story line... just wish I could play it on WinXP on my 7900..

I'm playing through "Requiem" right now, as I accumulate parts for a PC that can run new games, including the original Painkiller! My current PC is a slow POS with integrated S3 UniChrome video. It can only run games from before 2000, and "Requiem" runs great. This game is awesome! The bad guys have amazing aim though; they never miss. Fortunately, you can use angelic powers like Insist and Possess to take control of them, hehe... Fun game. We need more games like "Requiem" and the "Jedi Knight" series with these types of powers to add some gameplay variety.

I'll have my new PC in time for the Painkiller sequel...gotta get the original first!

Awesome! I loved the PK multiplayer... hope this one is good too! (But with a good netcode this time!)

w00t

Back