New mobo spells disaster!

alright, yesterday i got my new chaintech vnf3-250, i set everything up, got it all running, clocked it up to 2.5ghz NO PROBLEM! the cpu is definately seeing the increase in speed cause i ran a 32 minute super pi. so then i go to run aquamark, my score dropped from 63k to 43k. so i say, hmm, somethings wrong here, so i trouble shoot as much as i can, and still nothing works. so this morning i get up and do a fresh install of the drivers, both for my mobo and the video card, and still nothing. so then my rig starts to lock up on me, even while loading into windows it locks. ive came to the conclusion that my rig lock up when theres a cd in the dvd/cd-rw drive. it wasnt doing this last night, so im thinking it might have something to do with the nvidia ide drivers. anyone who has had an issue like this, please help!

Try booting Windows with the minimum set of drivers and components to operate using msconfig. This way you can see if it is a driver or a program at startup that is causing the problem. Also check your Event Log for any problems loading drivers and services.. I had a problem where my sound and RAID driver were causing problems at startup, also on a Chaintech board. That might be a start

alright. i only have the issue of lock up when theres a cd in the drive tray though. this is pissing me off soo bad. im gonna take out the cd, and see if i can boot into windows. do you know anything about horrible video card performance though??

I just had a similar problem. Everytime I went to access the cd/dvd drive complete and total stoppage. My computer would go to a crawl. Why? Well I took out my dvd drive and lo and behold I had it jumpered to slave and connected to the master IDE connector. Doh! Homer Simpson moment. Rearranged my drives and configured them properly and no more problems.

Back