New Metal Alpacool Apex Stealth Fan with some Impressive Numbers

To modify an earlier question of mine, has anybody cancelled their pre-order? I'm thinking of eating modmymod's 10% fee to cancel the nine that I pre-ordered.

The hits keep coming for IgorsTechTips

View: https://youtu.be/cHNXFgSonWI

Forget the drama and the fans...this video was AI translated from his German video...watched them side by side to confirm they were the same video. The AI synthesized his voice AND got his lips movement in line with speaking English! Now that is impressive!

Forget the drama and the fans...this video was AI translated from his German video...watched them side by side to confirm they were the same video. The AI synthesized his voice AND got his lips movement in line with speaking English! Now that is impressive!
Yeah I was waiting for the AI-translated part to begin and then realized it already had. The next brain melter was a side-by-side with the German + AI English, taking turns muting and unmuting each since I also understand the german version fluently. It's definitely surreal.

Last edited:
Ok what is the TLDL on this fand already? They good or not? People seem more worried about the drama then what really matters.

So what you're saying is this fan blows?
tenor (1).gif

Impressive and potentially very problematic.

If this level of quality - almost indistinguishable from the real thing - is achievable with off the shelf software some overclocking guy on YouTube can use, imagine what can be done with more competent systems.

We've been talking about the post truth era for some time now, but I think we are finally getting to the level where it will no longer to distinguish what is real from what is fabricated, and that should be scaring the living fucking daylights out of anyone alive.

Last edited:

If this level of quality - almost I distinguishable from the real thing - is achievable with off the shelf software some overclocking guy on YouTube can use, imagine what can be done with more competent systems.

We've been talking about the post truth era for some time now, but I think we are finally getting to the level where it will no longer to distinguish what is real from what is fabricated, and that should be scaring the living fucking daylights out of anyone alive.
Slight side-track but that reminded me of this: channel1.ai

If this level of quality - almost I distinguishable from the real thing - is achievable with off the shelf software some overclocking guy on YouTube can use, imagine what can be done with more competent systems.

A perhaps larger concern is that the ability to create such tools and their availability requires subscription to one of a handful of AI megacorp's proprietary models-as-a-service solution a la "Open"AI with ChatGPT/DALL-E. If everything was open source and self host potential, then perhaps the benefit of this tech could be spread widely AND it would also provide a lot of data for assessment if something was created via an AI model. Otherwise, the benefit will go primarily to powerful profiteers like the aforementioned and any info can be shielded as a "company secret" to guard against competitors and will be used contraryto the public good.

A perhaps larger concern is that the ability to create such tools and their availability requires subscription to one of a handful of AI megacorp's proprietary models-as-a-service solution a la "Open"AI with ChatGPT/DALL-E. If everything was open source and self host potential, then perhaps the benefit of this tech could be spread widely AND it would also provide a lot of data for assessment if something was created via an AI model. Otherwise, the benefit will go primarily to powerful profiteers like the aforementioned and any info can be shielded as a "company secret" to guard against competitors and will be used contraryto the public good.
Especially when it comes to electrical components, the general paradigm shift from engineering superior hardware to engineering lackluster hardware and compensating for it using proprietary "AI" software seems to be pervasive in the tech sector, with the major tech companies banking on that as a profitable model, at least in the short term.

Woot! TPU has a review up!

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/alphacool-apex-stealth-120-mm-fan/

comparison.jpg

Pros:
  • One of the quietest fans on the market
  • Metal frame and decoupling dampens noise to make it feel ever quieter
  • Quite versatile with different use cases as a case fan as much as a radiator fan
  • Linear and very long RPM response
  • Zero RPM mode on offer
  • Easy daisy-chaining of cables
  • Standard cable connectors used
  • No bearing noise in use
  • Two speed versions available
  • Four colors/finishes to choose from
Cons:
  • Relatively expensive
  • Bested by less expensive fans from a performance/noise standpoint
  • Fans don't scale as well past 2000 RPM
  • Zero RPM mode contingent on your fan controller
My Thoughts:
1. Lame that the above graph doesn't have Noctua A12x25s
2. How would these be for case fans? All the graphs in this review are through a radiator

He must have never tested Delta fans then. They smoke these alphacools. But are anything but quiet.

If Inremember correctly my case fans in my unused mothballed case right now since I'm using a laptop is AFB 1212 SHE delta. That's from memory. These things are AMAZING!

Remember though these are delta. They are only quiet at less than 1000rpmmat which they're already outperforming 99.9% of all case fans ever imagined. At 3700 rpm they can leaf blow your driveway, not shitting you.

Delta AFB1212SHE-PWM 120mm x 38mm 4pin PWM+Tac Sensor, Extreme Hi-speed 3700 RPM, 151 CFM Case Fan https://a.co/d/0ym2vv1

Really old video I made.

View: https://youtu.be/g77bq8aT_vQ?si=z3uowz5mO3rCBbS3

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
He must have never tested Delta fans then. They smoke these alphacools. But are anything but quiet.

If Inremember correctly my case fans in my unused mothballed case right now since I'm using a laptop is AFB 1212 SHE delta. That's from memory. These things are AMAZING!

Remember though these are delta. They are only quiet at less than 1000rpmmat which they're already outperforming 99.9% of all case fans ever imagined. At 3700 rpm they can leaf blow your driveway, not shitting you.

Delta AFB1212SHE-PWM 120mm x 38mm 4pin PWM+Tac Sensor, Extreme Hi-speed 3700 RPM, 151 CFM Case Fan https://a.co/d/0ym2vv1

Really old video I made.

View: https://youtu.be/g77bq8aT_vQ?si=z3uowz5mO3rCBbS3

Sure. They are 38mm thick. 13mm thicker than the majority of case/cpu fans. And 8mm thicker than the Phanteks T30.

Not usable for many space optimized cases. Unable to put 2 on a dual tower. You'd have to zip tie it to any heatsink, because no mounting clip would work.

They get loud quickly. They may or may not push more air when under 1000, than 30mm or 25mm fan at 1500. And such a low RPM may not have good pressure for a radiator, despite the deep blades from the extra width.
They are probably designed for best efficiency somewhere around 2500.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
They're testing recently released fans. Old stuff has been tested over and over again all across the web.

You can ask the author to test something specific in that thread. As to whether or not he will do it, who knows.

My Thoughts:
1. Lame that the above graph doesn't have Noctua A12x25s
2. How would these be for case fans? All the graphs in this review are through a radiator
1. Old fans at this point. Still good, but certainly not the best by any stretch anymore. Not hard to figure out where these should land.
2. Not sure, good question.

Back