New Metal Alpacool Apex Stealth Fan with some Impressive Numbers

still cant figure how to send pm on the classified forum
anyone ready to help?

If these numbers are legit, I'll get them for my next build. I was going to go with phanteks t30s. That said, I'm kind of sus of these numbers, I didn't think there was that much room for improvement left for fans

so reddit is saying that no way this review was unbiased, that igor has taken money etc.. in the past. Any truth in this? I am tempted to see how these perform as case fans to upgrade the Arctic P12s.

hmm, modmymods has them coming out in a few months and 10% cancel fee. I'll wait for reviews

"Alphacool Apex Fans Now Available for Pre-Order

Estimated Ship Date: Late 2023 / Early 2024

*Please note: Any cancelled pre-orders will be subject to a 10% cancellation fee*"

Yeah, I'm torn on this until there are more reviews.

The numbers seem almost too good to be true, but on the other hand, Igor is usually pretty reliable.

I'll be looking for more reviews.

Look like good fans. Now they need 180mm and 200mm versions so I can get some for case fans. Oh and they need to be available stateside.

Let me know if these are as advertised. Like the penis mightier, you're sitting on a gold mine trebek

How much does the grill effect air flow and noise?
i've used these in the past on an external radiator and don't think they effect airflow much if at all
arctic_120mm_fan_grill.jpg

Reactions: Down8
like this
figures! My arctic p12s are getting loud as fuck btw. They are a few years old, do they need only last so long? I could try to replace the 3 intakes I have with noctua a12x25s. Would love to try p12 max, but i hear the QA is terrible on them

figures! My arctic p12s are getting loud as fuck btw. They are a few years old, do they need only last so long? I could try to replace the 3 intakes I have with noctua a12x25s. Would love to try p12 max, but i hear the QA is terrible on them
i use the P12 PWM PST CO's (and P14's) the CO being Continuous Operation which are made to last a lot longer and knock on wood but have had them since 2019 and haven't had any problems. i think it's well worth the extra couple bucks for the better bearing.

If they're mounted so the airflow is vertical then the bearing may be wearing down, used to have that more with sleeves but they're generally more reliable now than ages ago.

I pre-ordered a bunch of the 2,000 RPM models during the Black Friday sales, and if this bears out I will be disappointed. The intention was to replace the mix of A12x25 chromax black and F12 pressure fans that I have on my radiators with something I could run at a bit higher speed at a bit less noise.

At worst I'll, be able to retire my ancient Nidec Gentle Typhoon AP14's and 15's that I have as 5v restricted air intake fans.

In typing this I just remembered those F12 and AP fans were ordered from NCIX way back in 2012 with near 24/7 use since then. Wonder if my hot deals posts about them are still searchable on the forum.

My 8 gentle typhoons from 2012 are still running with near continuous operation in push/pull on radiators. Good fans have a really long lifespan, so I don’t mind spending some money up front

Last edited:
Even if there was some new contender for best fan that came out of the left field, I'd still buy from Noctua because they've got fantastic support. In the past, an AIO cooler's fan controller short circuited and took out 4 of the 3000RPM Noctua fans I had installed. I explained the situation to Noctua and they replaced them all with no obligation on their behalf.

So long story short, with Noctua you pay a little more upfront but potentially save a lot in the long run.

Igor has a big update on his review and has been exceptionally active lately in the comments section of that review. Set your browser to auto-translate and enjoy the read.

whats better: noctua a12x25 or gentle typhoons

It depends on your use case and which specific version of the GT as in whether the old Nidec Servo or some other, later licensee along with what rpm range.

In most instances, I would generally go with the Noctua fans. GT's of roughly the same RPM range were generally on par with Noctua's older P series fans as the GT moved more air, had about the same static pressure and about the same DB, but different noise profile while also lacking PWM control. The Noctua A's are the newer upgraded replacement for the P's and have a blade design vaguely similar to the GT.

Noctua's public presentation is to be very picky about supposedly trying to find the best blend of characteristics for various case arrangements, air cooler tower fin stacks, and radiator fin layouts. What works great on one radiator might be well below average on another.

The price was right, but the P12's are definitely not the best fans out there. Good value/performance for the money? Absolutely. But I thought the sound profile of these fans really suck when they get going.

are there ever any sales on the noctua a12x25s? i never see them dip below $30 per fan

The price was right, but the P12's are definitely not the best fans out there. Good value/performance for the money? Absolutely. But I thought the sound profile of these fans really suck when they get going.
Guess it gets subjective on what determines "best fan".

A delta server fan will smoke any noctua product.

Even the 6000+ rpm ones?
Depends on the 6000rpm delta. The 60mm 6000 rpm models will be less performant that the 140 noctua industrial. The largest high speed Deltas I remember seeing were these 190cfm 4100rpm 120mm fans ( https://www.performance-pcs.com/fan...he-cf00-case-fan-sleeved-afb1212she-cf00.html ) but they haven’t been in stock forever and I’m not sure they are still being made. The noctua industrial 140mm are 160cfm at 3000 rpm, so I’d say that’s in the same general ballpark if the deltas are still being made.

finally someone else tested these

View: https://youtu.be/8J7jkRbxLYk

Just had a chance to watch that.

Looks like der8auer pretty much completely disproved everything Igor said.

I mean, it looked too good to be true when I read Igor's results, and when something looks too good to be true, it usually is, but coming from Igor I guess I was willing to suspend disbelief.

This is weird. Igor has a long history of being reliable. Did he sell out?

I'd hate to have a part in ruining the reputation of a long term member of the PC review community, but Igor has some explaining to do. He needs to reproduce his results in a controlled fashion or explain how he messed up and apologize, or his time as a reliable source in the industry is over.

Last edited:

I don't understand how experienced people think they can get away with it. Everything comes out eventually in this industry

It could be sampling, or sample control. I seldom assume the worst of a person with a quality reputation. I do, however, always view the actions of a corporation with suspicion. Even great companies can have shitty people on board.

I'm not saying it's either, but we can wait a little while before we start stacking the pyre wood.

The 3000 ones, yeah. Those are crazy. They are also very very loud. I have lost skin to them.
I’m using one of the 3000 rpm ones as an exhaust in my case. If I crank it up to 100%, it notably increases the amount of air being sucked into the Rads, and I’ve got both my rads running in push / pull!

Has anybody who pre-ordered from somewhere received them yet?

Just had a chance to watch that.

Looks like der8auer pretty much completely disproved everything Igor said.

I mean, it looked too good to be true when I read Igor's results, and when something looks too good to be true, it usually is, but coming from Igor I guess I was willing to suspend disbelief.

I'd hate to have a part in ruining the reputation of a long term member of the PC review community, but Igor has some explaining to do. He needs to reproduce his results in a controlled fashion or explain how he messed up and apologize, or his time as a reliable source in the industry is over.

Igor has a further, separate update post and it looks like somebody may have gotten fired over this.

Back