New Mass Effect Game

Couldn't really see her boobs in the clips, but BioWare is the type of developer these days to spite the lore and reduce boob size to fight the male gaze, or something. Remember what they did to the Legendary Edition.
I'm fairness the Matriarch Boobs and what's her name's ass were put in entirely for the majority male eye candy appeal. I don't have an issue with them rescaling per se, just I can hear the complaints now about them having not grown with age and precedent.

2>1>3>Andromeda

I couldn’t even bring myself to finish Andromeda, and that left a pretty bad taste in my mouth as it was one of my most anticipated titles. I can’t help but be highly skeptical about this one, if it isn’t something really special I’m most definitely done with the series.

I concur 100%, I honestly don't know what the Andromeda apologists were smoking but I made the grave mistake of choosing it as my latest backlog game to play through. To this day it is still glitchy as fuck, but putting that to one side it is still inferior in just about every way compared to the prior games apart from a handful of improvements. The person who designed the inventory, research, development, merchant and weapon systems deserves to be blackballed from the gaming industry for life. And the garbage Nomad meta game of scrounging for random minerals over large barren open world landscapes is just as bad, if not worse, as the Mako time waste in ME1.

Why Mass Effect’s Lead Writer Mac Walters Left BioWare- MinnMax Interview

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYaEtNnC9pk

They already tempted fate. The third game had some shitty writing at the end and Mac Walters is largely responsible for that. Mass Effect Andromeda's issues weren't entirely based on the writing, but there certainly was some of that. Primarily, the writing for the protagonist and their "non-offensive" approach to the characters in general made everything bland and largely forgettable.

Plus the huge change in story arc between ME1 and ME2. Going from a mystery to everything known really changed things for the worse. And ME1 left so many threads unfinished. Wish I could remember who did it but there was a great breakdown of the story and what got reconned in ME2 or just ignored.

Plus the huge change in story arc between ME1 and ME2. Going from a mystery to everything known really changed things for the worse. And ME1 left so many threads unfinished. Wish I could remember who did it but there was a great breakdown of the story and what got reconned in ME2 or just ignored.
huh. that's the first time i've seen anyone say ME2's plot was bad because it made 'everything known'

huh. that's the first time i've seen anyone say ME2's plot was bad because it made 'everything known'
It really didn't.

However, ME2 greatly changed the tone of the galactic landscape as you basically spend more of your time in the more populated areas like the Citadel, Illum and Omega. There was a sort of frontier feel to a lot of the human settlements you explored in the first game. That's actually something that Andromeda got right if you are into that sort of thing. However, I felt like the atmosphere and feel of ME2 was even better than that of the first game. The universe felt more fleshed out and I enjoyed it far more than the first game despite the first one having an almost objectively better story.

Fair enough, there are many things in ME2/ME3 that are totally better (gameplay, graphics, enemy variety, setting). I'm just hoping for more mystery and investigation, even though I loved ME3 multplayer.

Fair enough, there are many things in ME2/ME3 that are totally better (gameplay, graphics, enemy variety, setting). I'm just hoping for more mystery and investigation, even though I loved ME3 multplayer.
i agree, i like a constant sense of mystery and flirting with the unknown. it just seems like the problems arise when it's time to conclude such stories, as either you leave many things unanswered (which angers one group of players who say "wow, all that time invested and i still don't have many answers?") or you do you provide the answers (which angers another group of players who say "don't spoon-feed me everything, it takes away the suspense and thrill")

Yeah, it would have been cool if they'd set up a Babylon 5 style internal chart on how players find/when they find stuff. The stuff in the ME1 that never gets answered at all sucks, it would be cool even if the thing you find in 2 or 3 is that it's a mystery species, or maybe a different cycle -It's even older than we thought! What does that even mean? Would have worked well in ME2. But at the end of the day it's just nitpicking a great series and hoping for another great trilogy.

Newest additions to my Mass Effect collection...

PXL_20240327_002809452~2.jpg

Last edited:
Back