New Lian Li ITX "suit-case"

ramPage16

n00b
Looks like it'd be optimal for lan parties or travel.
This is essentially the same inside as the PC-Q08 case we have recommended in our small form factor buyer guides, but built with a sturdier outer shell and a handle for easy movement. The most obvious application for this product is for LAN gamers who often move their machines about. The TU-200 is a mini-ITX with space for a full length dual slot graphics card and 4 SATA drives, like the PC-Q08, or space for 6 SATA drives if a small card is used. Expect to see the TU-200 in markets soon, though unfortunately no word on pricing, nor how much weight the handle can take – Lian Li tell me this is still to be tested.
IMGP3504_575px.JPG

IMGP3498_575px.JPG

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4403/computex-2011-the-suitcase-from-lian-li

While I really dig on the armored look, ATX size PSU, and vertical mount MB, I can't help but wonder why they didn't go with a slim ODD bay. I guess at that point, I'm just nitpicking.

I'd like to see what it's side panel looks like. No silly light up fans and better front panel IO placement. (I'd really like to see that power LED in red, Dave). If this had been on the market when I built my SFF, I probably would have taken it over the SG05.

Handles are removable if you want, right?

Too bad it loses the blowhole for all the H50/Eco mounts.

What I'd like to see is for it to LOSE the handle... but add in tabs front/back so that you can clip on a shoulder strap to it.

I can't help but wonder why they didn't go with a slim ODD bay.

They make an adapter that mounts a slim ODD and 3.5" HDD to the 5¼" bay.

While I really dig on the armored look, ATX size PSU, and vertical mount MB, I can't help but wonder why they didn't go with a slim ODD bay. I guess at that point, I'm just nitpicking.

I'd like to see what it's side panel looks like. No silly light up fans and better front panel IO placement. (I'd really like to see that power LED in red, Dave). If this had been on the market when I built my SFF, I probably would have taken it over the SG05.

Handles are removable if you want, right?

I dunno, I always rule out cases that won't use a standard optical drive. If you do any regular movie ripping you'll quickly miss the speed of a full size optical drive vs a slim drive.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Bah, such a nice case ruined by the internal layout... :/
Agreed. They should cut down on that HDD bay and re-orient the MB and PSU to accomodate for a decent cooler. I'd also like to see a slim ODD as well. Either way, I'd probobly still get one in black if they put it out.

I see they removed the need for screws to attach the side panel and added their new locking mechanism. I hope they update the Q08 with this because I'd still like to have the 120mm fan up top.

LianLi case got good material, but inside just terrible. Not very well designed

The Q08 is pretty fine and this is the same you need to make an argument after such statement

Dunno why the slim ODDs are preferred in this thread. They are more expensive and do not perform as well as their standard counterparts.

How about remove the ODD entirely? I didn't use my ODD enough to keep in my SG06. I removed it and I have an external drive for those 'just in case' moments. :)

I am not sure if I am liking the handle on the case. I like the rivets, but I am not caring for the internal layout.

How about remove the ODD entirely? I didn't use my ODD enough to keep in my SG06. I removed it and I have an external drive for those 'just in case' moments. :)

I am not sure if I am liking the handle on the case. I like the rivets, but I am not caring for the internal layout.
I hope to see more of that in the future, especially with small cases.
If anything, a slim sata drive just in case it is necessary, but nothing else.

On a personal note I'd like to see cases without any 3.5" or 5.25" drives, and instead only 2.5" HDD and SSD mounting, and perhaps slim optical drive bracket. But that would'nt cater to a lot of people, so I can appreciate it might not be suitable yet.

Any news on the mother mATX LL cases?

I saw a short video on Hexus on the LL booth.....there were some really intersting looking mATX cases there.

If its not too heavy then its probably the best ITX gaming case for lanparties and such. The SG05 may be smaller but it can't hold the same size GPU nor a ATX power supply. It is a shame it lost its rear fan though. Not a bad looking case. For its size though your moving into mATX SFF case territory.

I wonder how they fit the cables in there.

Edit: Hey, the side panel just snaps in. Take a closer look.

That V353 looks interesting. I'd like to see what it looks like on the inside.

ramPage16,

Thanks for posting these...

Interesting offering from Lian Li. I may not agree with all the points of the case, but I'll be getting one. Shows some innovation...

I'm especially curious as to what these new V3XX series cases look like on the inside. The V300 series has always been my favorite although I wasn't exactly impressed with the V354. I think Lian Li could have come closer to the 120mm rear fan design Tremeloes used without any troubles.

Speaking of Tremeloes, did he drop off the radar completely? I've missed his innovative ideas when it comes to modding cases...

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool

Dunno why the slim ODDs are preferred in this thread. They are more expensive and do not perform as well as their standard counterparts.

Size and weight. If you're going to go SMALL form factor, go SMALL.

On a personal note I'd like to see cases without any 3.5" or 5.25" drives, and instead only 2.5" HDD and SSD mounting

Antec ISK 100
Mini Box M350

More pictures here.
http://www.techpowerup.com/live/Computex_2011/LianLi.php
http://www.techpowerup.com/live/images/Computex_2011/lianli_014.jpg

PSU has be non-modular. That answers my question.

Lian Li can only design cases to the 90% level. The last 10% is everything that will make or break a case. I do not care if the reason is cost.

That would depend on which PSU you see in the picture. Lian Li has a 160mm PSU and a 140mm PSU. If its the 160, then a short modular PSU would definitely fit.

Lian Li can only design cases to the 90% level. The last 10% is everything that will make or break a case. I do not care if the reason is cost.

So truth. Sometimes I wonder if they let monkeys do the tests instead of them, or if they have any interest in selling a full product.

But hey, its not only them. Mind you, my FT03 is very good in 90% of the aspects and on the rest is pure crap: very very very wrong placed SATA hole placement (is it that difficult?); holes on the tray not big enough for power cable, every single thing on the case is screw-friendly but the sides of the case itself aren't :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (its kinda hard to pick the case without losing the case or the sides on the process).

All of this makes me wonder what kind of testing do these people do...if any. I'm 200% sure there is not even a computer enthusiast on the board of designers nor testers because all those problems are found within 5 minutes of installing your computer. Most of the time we don't complain about "they could have thought about making the case 2mm bigger" but about obvious stuff that anybody that has ever mounted a few computers could point out easily.

PS: did I mention the tiny little screws that holds the sides of the V350 series? Jeeez, it took them 4 REVISIONS until they sorted out, talk about efficiency (and the best part: they didn't even think about including a pair of extra screws in-case onf them goes missing...and provided the size of them, it is hard to actually not lose any).

I wonder how they fit the cables in there.

Edit: Hey, the side panel just snaps in. Take a closer look.

I don't see how the side panels are going to sit flush with all of those rivets in the way. :confused:

And did anyone notice the "panel pusher lever" thingies on the back of the case (probably required in order to "pop" off the side panels)?

I like it.. The blow hole thing doesn't bother me as it was pretty limited in the q08 anyway since you had to use a slim rad & slim fan. Not like they took you from having push pull on an h70 to nothing.

Back