new i7 build memory issues

skittzle

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello everyone. I am having a problem getting my mobo to see all 6GB of ram installed.

Specs:
i7 920
6 GB Super Talent DDR3 2000
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
Windows 7 RC 64

-The OS sees 4087mb of usable ram (according to the system properties).
-Bios sees 4087mb of ram
-The bios on the P6T deluxe does not have the (memory remapping) toggle. It is on by default for this board.
-CPU-z sees all 6GB
-Timings and voltage are manually set to recommended settings. 9-9-9-28 1.65v
-I have tried the other dimm slots (the black ones)...system will not boot.
-I have the latest Bios for my board.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
skittzle

-The bios on the P6T deluxe does not have the (memory remapping) toggle. It is on by default for this board.

That was one of the first things that I looked into.

The next thing I thought I would try, is to put in each stick one at a time and boot. The problem is, I cant tell if its a Bios/mobo issue or an OS issue...or maybe a bad stick of ram (CPUz does read all 6GB though).

When you go into System Properties does it say 6 GB installed with only (3.99) usable? If this is the case you may need to reseat your CPU. This was a problem I was having with my EVGA x58 LE board. After numerous tests I found that the 2nd memory slot appeared to be dead because that is the only one that didn't get recognized by all the tests I did. Then I reseated the CPU and that ended up fixing the problem. I would try this because I had almost the same exact problem.

Hope this helps.

I will check when I get home from work but Im pretty sure that it just said 3.88 Usable.

If it says that only 4 GB is usable (give or take) then try reseating the cpu. Try this first as it may be the problem and it may save you a lot of time and headache. I tried every possible thing before I did this and nothing worked till I reseated the cpu. Sounds like that is the problem.

Good luck

Back