ChrisM47

n00b
Just wanting to make sure the temps are right for my setup

Fans are running at max speed 2500rpm 4 x 120mm doing push-pull

Idle @ 4.5GHz literally turned on the PC did nothing for 15minutes

http://i.imgur.com/yKUqV9O.jpg

Load @ 4.6GHz on IntelBurnTest

http://i.imgur.com/aT8BnsL.jpg

I'm putting in new fans plus I used the stock paste on the H100i should I reseat it?

Seems like my vcore is low too so I think it's a good chip I imagine the temps would be high being a 6-Core but idle temps just seem high to me not sure about load....?

What's your ambient temperature ?

My temps are about the same at idle. Load temps look good too imo @ 100% load. I get around 78C with an ambient room temp of 25C (77F) during load.

I wouldn't reseat it personally. The paste provided on the H100i is excellent as well. I too have push and pull method with the SP120 fans. I did however disconnect the fans from the controller on the H100i I run them straight to pin header connectors to the psu. I've had the H100i shut off on me after RMAing my H100 which died. Keep an eye on your temps much as possible the H100i has shut off on me before once now, randomly.... This is WITHOUT the USB cable connected to it with the fans connected to the controller. The onboard controller can't handle much of a load. Just a heads up!

I have the same CPU @ 4.6ghz since November 2011 1.32vcore.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
about the idle temps, have you the "balanced" power option in the windows energy management?.. if you have on high performance the chip will be always at full voltage and speed so thats why you could receive some high idle temps.. also have you enabled "C" States on bios?..

Araxie is right. I forgot all about this. I have high perf enabled. If you have c states enabled the idle temps are a tad high but from your load temps I'd say you probably have high performence enabled in power options. I couldn't see you having load temps that low if its under Intel burn test or linx.

ChrisM47, That's great man. 1.304 volts for 4600MHz. I had to raise my voltage to 1.380 to run Prime95 at 4500MHz without a BSOD.

Ya I booted at 4.8 with 1.35 but intel burn test failed but I didnt crash. I think I got a really good chip from the intel deal.

So I shouldn't connect the fans to the h100i? Dunno how I would wire it otherwise..

My power options is on high performance set by my Samsung ssd software I guess.. should I change it or is it safe?

If you game a lot set it to high performence. If not just use balanced if you have c states enabled. The fans can be connected with molex to 3 pin or you can connect two of them to your mobo.

If you game a lot set it to high performence. If not just use balanced if you have c states enabled. The fans can be connected with molex to 3 pin or you can connect two of them to your mobo.

in fact, thats wrong... I tested LOT of times (I shared my thoughts few weeks ago here) the gaming on balanced and high performance. and guess what.. any performance hit? null.. the only thing you gain in high performance mode its high temperature.. why? a game even in vsync ON will use all the performance of the processor even its no need it.. thats translate into more power consumption and more heat... while on balanced mode the chip will only use the power needed to run the game at the vsync refresh rate.. if you dissable vsync GPU and CPU will be always on the max potential to run MAX FPS as possible so no, its no needed to keep High performance mode for gaming i tested even with benchmark and results was the same, just in 3Dmark11 i received like 5-10points less while on balanced..

So I shouldn't connect the fans to the h100i? Dunno how I would wire it otherwise..

My power options is on high performance set by my Samsung ssd software I guess.. should I change it or is it safe?

its safe to use on balanced.. as far i know some old OCZ SSD had some problems on old chipsets while C States was enabled, not a new issue to make worries on the people.. you can make some test with this tool.. its fast and safe.

Last edited:
The difference being min and Max clock doesn't throttle in high perf. Some people rather use game booster to do it for them or swap back and forth. I explained it wrong in my last post. I like c states and such but some games have issues with it..and dynamic tick in windows 8 for example... games like Planetside2. Is that in your thread? Personally I'd just use game booster for the power states switching when launching games since some aren't optimized properly I.e. ps2

Back