New [H] news editors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stop!theradio

2[H]4U
When did this happen? I didn't care to make a thread about it initially, but when each and every news post made by each and every one of the recent news editors isn't tech related and lacks basic grammar skills, it gets one thinking. I mean, even the titles of threads raise eyebrows; "iPad Will It Be Useful?". Huh?

...what's the deal?

:confused:

EDIT: Saying that each thread has no place in this forum was a stretch on my part, but I'm standing by my basic feelings of the news posts as of late - "yuck".

Care to post examples?

Calling out bad grammar is one thing, but saying "each and every" for every new news poster is kind of extreme.

The "proof" is in the thread titles themselves, the posts themselves, and people's responses in those threads conveying that they are just as confused as I am with regards to the news posts.

I kinda agree, it's very sloppy

nobody can really top Steve though

Those were auditions for the Weekend News Editor position. Terry is stepping down from full time and will be posting from time to time as needed.

I think there were four tryouts, myself being one of them. The names kept being changed, so I think there were 3 others posting, but I'm really not sure. :D

well you're the best out of all of the "new guys"

I like sending in links when I find em, and seeing em posted, that's nice

I hope Terry's doing all right

Those other 3 guys are posting stuff that's barely even tech related, which makes me wonder . . . .

Terry is fine, he just needs more quality with his family.:)

The Weekend News is a bit more relaxed and usually isn't limited to computer tech articles.

well you're the best out of all of the "new guys"

I like sending in links when I find em, and seeing em posted, that's nice

I hope Terry's doing all right

Those other 3 guys are posting stuff that's barely even tech related, which makes me wonder . . . .

Ah, ok. I see. Sounds good. It was just...really weird...seeing these new names out of nowhere. Others seemed equally as "wtf?" as I felt, so I figured I'd ask.

Majordomo seems to be doing better than the other 3

I could do a better job in my sleep

the problem is the lead in titles to the news story and inside the OP's on each thread, they don't make it interesting and/or use bad grammar, makes it look really low rent

Well I'm sure the people who did post the news want some feedback, positive or negative, and painting such a broad picture for all 4 of them isn't fair.

Myself and others wouldn't be painting such a broad picture if the issues weren't so...broad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back