New Gaming computer. What do you guys think? All parts purchased already!! $467.89

No. Not only is it an OCZ product (which means greater change of crappy support), it's an older OCZ product.

V3 Max IOPS is still a very good drive.

Unlike most other SandForce's that use Intel ONFI flash, it uses Toshiba toogle-mode flash which is of higher quality and faster.

It pushes a solid amount of IOPS and is pretty affordable.

It's still an OCZ. They would have to release one of the, if not the only, best SSD out there in the world before I can overlook their SSD history, return rates, and customer support.

It's still an OCZ. They would have to release one of the, if not the only, best SSD out there in the world before I can overlook their SSD history, return rates, and customer support.

http://www.storage-switzerland.com/Blog/Entries/2011/7/25_OCZ_Deneva_2_Test_Drive.html

"The most astonishing was the first time we powered up the system with the new drive installed. It was so fast that I thought we didn’t actually select reboot, so I rebooted again and watched the screen. Within seconds our system was up and ready. More importantly than fast boots we find that look ups into our project database are now instant and the encoding of video and audio have seen a significant improvement in performance."

I have a pair of those, in SLC flavor.

I really should have added "consumer" at the end. In any case, that SSD is prohibitively expensive and therefore can't be recommended to the average computer hardware enthusiast. In addition, thats only a one-page review from a site that I've never heard of.

Anyway, I'll revise my statement: It's still an OCZ. They would have to release one of the, if not the only, best consumer SSD out there in the world before I can overlook their SSD history, return rates, and customer support.

Its really up to you since its your money.

The difference between them is probably only seen through benchmarks, like memory.

Barely any better than the Samsung 830, Crucial m4, or even the Kingston HyperX.

The HyperX is faster than the M4 anyway. M4's writes are slow.

And well, thing is, it is better and is an afforable drive.

It's one of the two fastest SSD's out in the market along with the 840 Pro, and is very well built with the Indilix Barefoot controller. It's one of the most solid drives for reliability.

The problem here isn't it being "barely" better. It's because you're splitting hairs when you're comparing these drives.

I pretty much agree with Danny. Avoid OCZ like a rabid zombie on meth.

If I'm reading that chart correctly, the first chart only shows only a 10% performance improvement over the Crucial m4 and 1% over the Samsung 830. In the "Performance per Dollar" chart where lower is better, the Crucial M4, Intel 330, and Kingston HyperX are listed at 0.78 cents, 0.78 cents, and 0.79 cents respectively whereas the Vector is listed as $1.05.

Not exactly "the best" when you look at it that way.

I'm really tired of telling people that being OCZ doesn't make an SSD instantly shit.

But yes, you're right. That's why I mostly suggest people SandForce because SandForce is the best price/performance.

Most things going for the Vector are it's higher reliability, top speed and being new factor. SandForce's are still solid.

I'm really tired of telling people that being OCZ doesn't make an SSD instantly shit.

But yes, you're right. That's why I mostly suggest people SandForce because SandForce is the best price/performance.

Most things going for the Vector are it's higher reliability, top speed and being new factor. SandForce's are still solid.

OCZ as a company makes their products, not just SSDs, "shit" as you like to put it.

OCZ as a company makes their products, not just SSDs, "shit" as you like to put it.

OCZ doesn't make the SandForce drives. Pretty much nobody does. SandForce drives are made by 3rd party OEM's to SandForce's reference PCB and reference design regulations. Companies like OCZ, Kingston or Patriot then just pull a grabbag of disks and slap their badge on them.

If you're referring to OCZ's RAM, yes, they've had their mishaps. My Reaper DDR2 1200's don't do over 1000.

But, to say that ALL OCZ products are shit is just an ignorant and silly claim.

OCZ doesn't make the SandForce drives. Pretty much nobody does. SandForce drives are made by 3rd party OEM's to SandForce's reference PCB and reference design regulations. Companies like OCZ, Kingston or Patriot then just pull a grabbag of disks then slap their badge on them.

If you're referring to OCZ's RAM, yes, they've had their mishaps. My Reaper DDR2 1200's don't do over 1000.

But, to say that ALL OCZ products are shit is just an ignorant and silly claim.

No.

What makes their products shit, as pointed out in this thread already is the poor custom service/support you receive from OCZ should you need them. When I buy something, I expect some level of good support/service from the company. OCZ fails to do that, just search the forums here for experiences with OCZ.

As for the Sandforce controller, I'm aware that OCZ doesn't make it which is why we don't generally recommend and SSD that uses it expect Intel.

No.

What makes their products shit, as pointed out in this thread already is the poor custom service/support you receive from OCZ should you need them. When I buy something, I expect some level of good support/service from the company. OCZ fails to do that, just search the forums here for experiences with OCZ.

As for the Sandforce controller, I'm aware that OCZ doesn't make it which is why we don't generally recommend and SSD that uses it expect Intel.

The support can't make a product "shit". Bad support can make the support shit and not the product shit.

I know about people's RMA experiences with OCZ.

And there's little to nothing wrong with SandForce at this time and date when most, if not all of it's issues have by far been ironed out with the newer firmwares. We aren't still in 2011.

Yes, Intel's take on the SandForce has been less problem-free because they took the time to jump on the SandForce bandwagon. OCZ released their SandForce drives much earlier than Intel has done, which is why they ended up with the bad press.

Intel uses their own firmware. Has little to do with when they started using it.

The firmware updates over the past years have man up the SandForce drives. It doesn't matter who you get the drive from anymore.

I bet my ass if you went out and bought whatever the random hachapichi cheapass SandForce drive, you won't have an issue.

The firmware updates over the past years have man up the SandForce drives. It doesn't matter who you get the drive from anymore.

I bet my ass if you went out and bought whatever the random hachapichi cheapass SandForce drive, you won't have an issue.

I bet you will. OCZ SSD's are some of the worst for reliability on the market and have one of the highest return rates. My buddy had to stop using them in his builds because the failure rate was abysmal. Started using Samsung 830 and Crucial M4's and I don't hear him complain no where near where he used to. His computer shop stopped buying their RAM and PSU's a while back due to horrible shitty quality and their SSDs appear to be following the same shitty reliability path their other parts have. As a rule of thumb he no longer uses them and I haven't used them for years due to prior service and other issues.

OCZ is on my do not buy or recommend list for anything they make.

I bet you will. OCZ SSD's are some of the worst for reliability on the market and have one of the highest return rates. My buddy had to stop using them in his builds because the failure rate was abysmal. Started using Samsung 830 and Crucial M4's and I don't hear him complain no where near where he used to. His computer shop stopped buying their RAM and PSU's a while back due to horrible shitty quality and their SSDs appear to be following the same shitty reliability path their other parts have. As a rule of thumb he no longer uses them and I haven't used them for years due to prior service and other issues.

OCZ is on my do not buy or recommend list for anything they make.

Highest returns rates? How can you make an assumption about return rates without knowing how much drives are sold?

OCZ might have sold twice as much drives as Corsair or vice-versa.

And they do not make the SandForce drives again, period, and mind you, I was only referring to the SandForce-made drives because they're made by a 3rd party and not by OCZ.

OCZ has sold a shitload of SSD's, more than any other company has done from what I gathered over the years. So it's expectable for them to have more issues than the others.

And well, since SandForce drives are 3rd party made, and since most old SandForce's aren't in the market anymore, and with the new ones and new firmwares, I'm sure you won't have an issue with a SandForce drive.

How about this? Go ahead and buy an Axiom SandForce SSD. The cheapest one. You ever heard of Axiom? Probably not.

If you have any issues with it, I'll come back and PayPal you the price you paid for it.

Highest returns rates? How can you make an assumption about return rates without knowing how much drives are sold?

OCZ might have sold twice as much drives as Corsair or vice-versa.

And they do not make the SandForce drives again, period, and mind you, I was only referring to the SandForce-made drives because they're made by a 3rd party and not by OCZ.

OCZ has sold a shitload of SSD's, more than any other company has done from what I gathered over the years. So it's expectable for them to have more issues than the others.

And well, since SandForce drives are 3rd party made, and since most old SandForce's aren't in the market anymore, and with the new ones and new firmwares, I'm sure you won't have an issue with a SandForce drive.

How about this? Go ahead and buy an Axiom SandForce SSD. The cheapest one. You ever heard of Axiom? Probably not.

If you have any issues with it, I'll come back and PayPal you the price you paid for it.

I think its better for people to do research and pick from one from people who have actual experience in both the product and customer service.
If they dont want to buy ocz due to either of them, then I say that is a good choice.(same goes for any retailer)

You're correct however they shouldn't go ahead spreading out BS because the support of the product is bad.

I've never defended OCZ's support. I know it sucks shit. I'm only talking about the quality of OCZ branded SandForce drives as they aren't made by OCZ themselves.

The system I built ran great! I kept it for about 8 months. And I sold it to a friend. it is still running at 4.7ghz, it has another video card in it though.

This system I built was the first real mid to high end intel CPU I ever bought, I always built AMD in the past.

And since I ran the 3570K, it changed my mind forever about AMD and Intel.

Since then I am running two X79 platforms. A intel 4820K and a Intel 3820.

I hate to say it, but unless AMD does something huge! I will always own intel from here on out. And I am looking forward to X99 here shortly, and will be posting a new build thread of my X99 system once, it is released of course lol. 5820K anyone?

THE POWER SUPPLY DID NOT MELT DOWN! lol.

Then again, I was not putting a heavy load on it either. only a 77watt cpu and a HD 7770. So, who knows what would have happen, if it were running a 4930K and a R9 290X lol with both overclocked like mad. And I wouldn't have even hooked it up to those parts.

But it was a good system. And another thing! that GAL75K DZ77 intel board, was one of the best motherboards I have ever used. And I think it is a shame that they produced there last board with Z87. So many people had issues with that board, and other intels boards to. And I just cannot figure out why or how? I know that if you overclocked it to high, or changed something wrong in the bios. it would no post, and flashing the bios would not fix this. And it took me all day to figure it out. But, you had to move a yellow jumper to a certain position, boot the system, then move it back.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT FUCKING GET THIS. This is thermal epoxy, and will permanently attach your heatsink to whatever you mount it to.

The other guy uses this for all the machines he works on, hopefully the people who own those machines, are not upgrading there cpu's anytime soon.

It will convert your PC in to a embedded solution!

The system I built ran great! I kept it for about 8 months. And I sold it to a friend. it is still running at 4.7ghz, it has another video card in it though.

This system I built was the first real mid to high end intel CPU I ever bought, I always built AMD in the past.

And since I ran the 3570K, it changed my mind forever about AMD and Intel.

Since then I am running two X79 platforms. A intel 4820K and a Intel 3820.

I hate to say it, but unless AMD does something huge! I will always own intel from here on out. And I am looking forward to X99 here shortly, and will be posting a new build thread of my X99 system once, it is released of course lol. 5820K anyone?

THE POWER SUPPLY DID NOT MELT DOWN! lol.

Then again, I was not putting a heavy load on it either. only a 77watt cpu and a HD 7770. So, who knows what would have happen, if it were running a 4930K and a R9 290X lol with both overclocked like mad. And I wouldn't have even hooked it up to those parts.

But it was a good system. And another thing! that GAL75K DZ77 intel board, was one of the best motherboards I have ever used. And I think it is a shame that they produced there last board with Z87. So many people had issues with that board, and other intels boards to. And I just cannot figure out why or how? I know that if you overclocked it to high, or changed something wrong in the bios. it would no post, and flashing the bios would not fix this. And it took me all day to figure it out. But, you had to move a yellow jumper to a certain position, boot the system, then move it back.
what video card?

Back