New folder!

xnoto

Weaksauce
Hey all, i've been lurking these boards for a while now and just recently started to post. I came across this forum a few weeks ago and have became very interested towards the cause(team 33).

I now have 4 machines totaling 6.5ghz folding 24/7; i've finished 10 WU's thus far. On my linux machine I am using the advanced flags, but cannot figure out how to use them on my windows clients:

Barton 3200+
Pentium 4 @ 2.0 ghz
T-bird @ 900mhz

Would they all benefit from the advanced flags? If so, how do I go about setting them up with them?

And also, is it a good idea to use a high end laptop folding 24/7? EG: heat issues, hardware failure, etc

Thanks!

The AMD's could use the advance flags and as far as the laptop goes just keep it getting air circulation if it's an intel. I don't know about AMD based laptops.
6.5 Ghz should garner you about a steady 200 points per day.

The flags you only really _need_ for the Barton.

To set them up, make sure FAH is in the startup folder, and then open the properties of the shortcut, in the shortcut area, after the end of the quotes (with the directory name and executeable file)
put:
-advmethods -forceSSE
for the barton and the P4
The TBird doesn't use SSE, it will only use 3DNow which is autodetected.

HTH

are you using the F@H 4 client?

unless someone corrects me, i dont believe there is any harm in adding to the command line all the following flags
-advmethods -forcesse -forceasm

ie - if you are running the client from a desktop icon or start-up folder - the target line should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\folding@home\FAH4.exe" -advmethods -forceasm -forcesse

there are some great "how-to's" here - just change the team 24 to 33 if you must :eek:

use firedaemon and run it as a service under xp or 2k guide here

jeebers you guys are quick - 3 posts in the time it took me to dig out those links on 56k

Originally posted by badg3er
jeebers you guys are quick - 3 posts in the time it took me to dig out those links on 56k

We luv u 2 Badg3er. ;)

HEY RELIC, we miss you on our side of the pond mate - have to drop by and visit some time

Originally posted by badg3er
HEY RELIC, we miss you on our side of the pond mate - have to drop by and visit some time

Will do, Badg3er.
Nothing personal...just been out of the loop for a while. :)

Back