New Egg Ram sale

Dantrax

Gawd
15% off all desktop ram at NewEgg with Promo Code EMCNFJG38 until 4/15. Those Bastards, they knew I just loaded my board with ram 2 days ago. ;)

Samsungs all sold out, so went with the cheap stuff. We'll see how it does. If anything i'll get some samsung later and disperse the crucial around my other systems.

The code isn't working for me anymore. Ended early from funds ran out??

Just bought the Patriot G2 DDR3-1600 16GB (4x4GB) for $76.49 with the Newegg Super Saver shipping. Woot. First major part towards my new system. Now all I need is a Z77 mobo, IB CPU, GTX 680, new PSU and new keyboard and I'm ready.

Samsungs all sold out, so went with the cheap stuff. We'll see how it does. If anything i'll get some samsung later and disperse the crucial around my other systems.

The Crucials share the same IC (Micron D9PFJ) as what is being used in their binned Ballistix Tactical and Elite models, so they could very well be diamonds in the rough. I've got a set of my own, but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test them yet, other than to see that they worked.

Real interested in seeing your results, as well.

You might be interested in this link to thread over at XS where the Tactical and the Elite results are being posted. See post #125 for pic of IC. It should match those Crucials you ordered.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?278833-New-Crucial-1.5V-DDR3-Kits/page5

Edit:
I'm sorry, I made a mistake. The Crucial value ram product that has the D9PFJ chips is this one...DDR3-1600 with CL11 (don't let that scare you away, they tighten up). Currently out of stock, though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148477

It is entirely possible that the kit you linked also sports the same chips, however, as it has the same low voltage of 1.35v, but the timings are tighter at the lower clock speeds. I'll be real interested in knowing what those ship with, so please update when you receive them.

Last edited:
Picked my ram up today, (still waiting for Ivys to show up!) They sent me the 1600 kits instead of the 1333. Though they are probably exactly the same sticks, same D9PFJ chips. Was under $63 for 16GB! Price of the 1600 got bumped to $50, but the 1333 is lower @ $42. Looks to be a sweat build, going to get a Asrock Z77 extreme 4 and will dust off my Thermalright IFX as the asrock has 775 mounts!

Picked my ram up today, (still waiting for Ivys to show up!) They sent me the 1600 kits instead of the 1333. Though they are probably exactly the same sticks, same D9PFJ chips. Was under $63 for 16GB! Price of the 1600 got bumped to $50, but the 1333 is lower @ $42. Looks to be a sweat build, going to get a Asrock Z77 extreme 4 and will dust off my Thermalright IFX as the asrock has 775 mounts!

So you ordered the 1333 ram and received 1600 instead?

I'm glad for you, but I wished they had sent you the other stuff so we could verify the chips used.

Might just have to wait until I get another one of those 10 or 15% off coupon codes and sacrifice about $40 on one of those 1333 kits and satisfy my curiosity. I'm hoping that they are using the same chips, but at the relaxed timings for the lower clocks.

oooh yea i was thinking the same thing.....i buy so much stuff from the egg they send me those 10 or 15% coupon codes all the times =)

Ram is dirt cheap nowadays, I am surprised they allow coupons on them but I guess it makes sense since they lose the least amount of money. I talked to a rep before and they have no idea on packing what they put into boxes they are just told X goes to X so that is why you got different ram, also one of my friends got a free 500 dollar hd camera from newegg cause they put an extra in the box lol.

Ram is dirt cheap nowadays, I am surprised they allow coupons on them but I guess it makes sense since they lose the least amount of money. I talked to a rep before and they have no idea on packing what they put into boxes they are just told X goes to X so that is why you got different ram, also one of my friends got a free 500 dollar hd camera from newegg cause they put an extra in the box lol.

You don't want to know how much stuff I've bought from the egg over the last 8-9 years and I mean a bunch...and never have they ever sent me something that I didn't order and pay for.

Dang, just my luck that they don't mess up my order.

That was tongue-in-cheek, as I'm glad that they haven't messed up my orders, even if I haven't gotten any freebies along the way, I've always gotten what I've ordered.

I used to order a TON of stuff from NE, i added up stuff a few years ago and it came out to $12,000. IN SHIPPING charges ALONE. Yeah I live in Hawaii, but ouch!! I just started doing more PC stuff again and in one of my Seinheiser orders (CX200) they send me MEI Electronics headphones instead. Called them up and they took care of it real fast. So yeah sometimes their robots do mess up. Also looks like both 1333 and 1600 kits are sold out, so i guess they might have been filling the 1333 with the 1600 until they sold out of those too. If you haven't seen this article yet is shows a lot of pics inside the NE warehouse http://www.anandtech.com/show/2531

Last edited:
I used to order a TON of stuff from NE, i added up stuff a few years ago and it came out to $12,000. IN SHIPPING charges ALONE. Yeah I live in Hawaii, but ouch!! I just started doing more PC stuff again and in one of my Seinheiser orders (CX200) they send me MEI Electronics headphones instead. Called them up and they took care of it real fast. So yeah sometimes their robots do mess up. If you haven't seen this article yet is shows a lot of pics inside the NE warehouse http://www.anandtech.com/show/2531

I seriously buy a lot of stuff from them...but it appears that I got nothing on you. Dang! Twelve grand in SHIPPING! Yikes.

Back