New Build Issues...

AceCurby32

n00b
Hey folks.

I just finished up a build and everything was running perfect for about a month and a half. Now, seemingly randomly, my screen will go either all black or will go all checked board and green on me.

Now, I've done some searches and have found something like this issue, but they have all been using monitors hooked up via HDMI - I'm using DVI. Below are my full system specs, but if anyone here has had the issue, knows about it, or could point me in the direction to resolving the problem, I'd appreciate it.

ASUS P8 Z77-V LK
Intel i5-3570K 3.4Ghz
G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB PC3 10666
Samsung 840 120GB SATA SSD
WD Blue 1TB HD
Win 7 Home Premium

Do you not have a dedicated graphics card? Or are you using the cpu's on board gpu? Are you doing anything specific when the graphical glitches happen? What type, and how old is your psu?

Just off the top of my head I would try lowering the cpu's on board gpu clock in the bios to see if that helps. Same if you are using a dedicated card...try lowering the clock a bit to see what it does.

I'm just using the CPUs on board GPU - sorry, I thought I included that in the specs. It's the Intel HD 4000. I'm not doing anything specific, sometimes I just let it sit there, sometimes I'm on YouTube, other times I I just open up a program...

I haven't overclocked anything, but even lowering the clock a bit does the same thing.

My instinct would be to try another display and see if you can reproduce the same problem. I would also try another DVI cable. I had blackout problems with my monitor and going to a dual-link DVI cable helped.

I'm using a Corsair CX500...

I've done some more research and tried rolling back the driver to a previous one, yet it does the same thing after a few minutes...I'm debating whether to get a separate GPU and seeing if that does the trick...

I never get any software errors, so I'm just assuming it's hardware related...

After a few chats with Intel...I bought a graphics card and put it in. Apparently, it's a known issue with that chip but Intel says they can't recreate the problem on their MBs so there's nothing they can do about it...anyways, there's always more than one way to fix a problem.

Thanks for the input!

Back