New Build- $1000

K, I tried to reset the CMOS to no avail. Could someone explain the paperclip method with the PSU in more detail?

Mucho Gracias. It looks like we've found the problem. When I use the paper clip method, I can hear one slight click from within the PSU and then nothing. Curious though that it booted on that first initial boot :confused: Anyways, looks like I'm headed back to Microcenter.

If you've still got the PSU, try hooking up a fan or something to the PSU and re-try the paperclip trick. Some PSUs need a load on their lines to power on.

If you've still got the PSU, try hooking up a fan or something to the PSU and re-try the paperclip trick. Some PSUs need a load on their lines to power on.

Actually, I took it back to Microcenter today and got an exchange no questions asked. I even forgot to put the extra cables back in the box :p

So now my system is running perfectly, except I'm not getting used to this wonky windows 7. Anyone got any tips?

Uh oh. I tried to transfer data from my old HDD to my new drive in Windows when my rig started shutting down randomly. I unplugged the old HDD, but the problem is still happening. I reset the CMOS and booted in Safe Mode but nothing worked. Any solution other than reformatting?

Back