New Blade servers

Catfish449

Gawd
We just got 5 new blade servers in at work from HP. 8 blades in each one. Each blade has dual X5670's with 128GB RAM and dual 2.5" 146GB SAS drives. I want to get them folding for burn in but not having much luck talking the server admin into it.
Unfortunately, I am only responsible for getting network to it. Going to have 3 10Gb Primary, 3 10Gb secondary, 8 1Gb backup, and 8 100Mb ILO.

I want to get these things folding. I can't imagine the points one could rack up with 5 of these in just a couple days.

Okay, I will stop salivating over them before I short something out. :D

Hopefully, after the divorce is finalized and I get everything straightened out I can get back to full time folding. It hurt my heart when I dropped out of the top 100. I was proud of that accomplishment considering I have never folded a Bigadv. SMP and GPU only.

Fold on Brethren. We will always be #1 in my mind.

Fish :cool:

What the server admin does not know can't hurt him right :D Just tell him they are heavy bandwidth network testing benchmark tools.

Nothing will stress the system more than a burn in with F@H, point out to him/her that HPCS burned in their servers for 2 months on F@H.

Points wise, 70k PPD per blade on SMP, upto 160k on -bigadv but 6904 will take about 3 days to do a WU

Unfortunately, I wont even have access to log into them. They have them locked down like Fort Knox. They are racked and setup, but not powered on yet. I have tried every angle, but he is not going to budge. I even tried explaining that they needed to be burned in for a couple months just to make sure they were going to be stable.:D They are going to run several VM's on each blade.

Fish :(

Back