New Best Buy Service Sends Sales Consultant

monkeymagick

[H]News
Next month, Best Buy will roll out an in-home service that sends a salesperson over to your place and give you recommendations on the many electronics the store offers. The new free service will have the person visit and sit with you in your home and offer you the best suggestions to suit your needs. Some examples include a 65 inch 4K HDR TV for living room to go along with your current Netflix subscription and a new expensive home theater set around the old recliner. Just don't expect this guy to show up selling shower curtains for your bathroom.

The service, which was tested in five markets, will be expanded to more cities around the country. Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly said Tuesday that the service is a way to unlock "latent" customer demand -- the company has found that shoppers spend more at the home than they do at the stores.

Well, there is going to be several new CEO and Board positions open soon. There is no way this will generate enough revenue to overcome the costs from lawsuits.

Well, the services. But it wouldn't surprise me if Best Buy goes the way of Circuit City within the next two years.

"Next month, Best Buy will roll out an in-home service that sends a clueless, low-paid person who knows even less about Best Buy's product lines and tech/electronics in general than they do personal hygiene to give you spurious and factually bankrupt recommendations on the many electronics the store offers."

FTFY.

How long before they start going door to door ... You know unsolicited door to door salesmen.

I can see it now. Hey Johnny, your not pulling in enough sales. When you're out at your two customers today. Make sure you knock on a few of their neighbors doors and see if you can sell something.

gil.png
"You've got this one on the hook, Gil...don't blow it.....now...go for the OLED! Be Bold!"

So, people can use this free service, get suggestions, and then go online to buy everything the salesperson recommends?

or they'll say "It says we have it in stock, but we can't find it. BTW the have you checked online?"---That sums up about 90% of my BB experiences in the last 10 years. Precisely why I started going to NewEgg/Amazon/Monoprice.

This is stupid as sht, but, dont know about you guys - our best buy is fin packed all the time. I mean packed. And we have like 4 in about a 10 mile radius.

The store really should be called WorstBuy. I have yet to see anything reasonably priced there. About all I go in there for is to see the TV displays before I buy it elsewhere for as much as 30% less...

or they'll say "It says we have it in stock, but we can't find it. BTW the have you checked online?"---That sums up about 90% of my BB experiences in the last 10 years. Precisely why I started going to NewEgg/Amazon/Monoprice.
So much this.

The store really should be called WorstBuy. I have yet to see anything reasonably priced there. About all I go in there for is to see the TV displays before I buy it elsewhere for as much as 30% less...

I stopped there a couple weeks back because I needed a HDMI>DVI cable and they wanted $25 for it. A $6 cable everywhere else.

High end home theater stores have always had services like this. So in other words, Best Buy has no business even trying. I've yet to meet a Best Buy or Fry's salesperson that knew half as much as I did about the products they sell. Then again, they probably make $7 an hour so why should they.

Just what I always wanted, a minimum wage Best Buy asshole casing out my home to steal stuff later.

My thoughts exactly.

My home is my retreat from this crazy world, not anybody's salesfloor. No f'ing way, Best Buy.

BB salespeople don't know shit, but you'd be surprised how many gullible people believe what they say.

I bet they'll get some suckers to buy overpriced shit they don't need.

Back