New Batman: Arkham Game Coming 2013..!

As long as it isn't a cash grab I'm in. The engine and mechanics are pretty much perfect as-is, but they can't use a cookie-cutter environment and/or a shaky plot.

Makes me very nervous that they are not saying who is actually making the game. Rocksteady is what made the these games great, and the fact that they obviously loved the source material. I am cautiously optimistic.

Rocksteady is not developing this game but is working on a prequel detailing the Dark Knight's first encounter with the Joker...that game is scheduled for release in 2014

Rocksteady did an amazing job with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City so I'm definitely worried about this new game...plus the relatively short development time is not a good sign...a yearly (or bi-yearly) schedule is usually not ideal

Rocksteady is not developing this game but is working on a prequel detailing the Dark Knight's first encounter with the Joker...that game is scheduled for release in 2014

Rocksteady did an amazing job with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City so I'm definitely worried about this new game...plus the relatively short development time is not a good sign...a yearly (or bi-yearly) schedule is usually not ideal

Call Of Batman perhaps? :(

This series has been amazing so far and I hope they don't kill it since Rocksteady is not developing it

The next game in Rocksteady Studios' Batman series will be a "highly stylized" prequel...the game will reportedly detail Batman's first encounter with the Joker, and is based on the Silver Age of DC comics from the 1950s...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/rocksteadys-next-batman-game-a-stylized-prequel-report-6386420

hehe I was mocking (poorly apparently :p) the yearly shit fest that a lot of franchises have become. I have full confidence in Rocksteady and will no doubt enjoy their new game. Lets hope that whatever studio is working on the new Arkham actually started before Arkham City came out and are not rushing to get something released this year.

/crosses fingers

Rocksteady already broke every rule of gaming by being a no-name studio with a creative property licence that made a truly brilliant game...then did it a second time. If what polony2 says is correct, the new game should fix that and we'll finally get that terrible game.

As for the next Arkham game, I think Rocksteady has established an excellent blueprint for a different developer to build from, so even if the game is not as good as AA and AC from a creative perspective, it would take a monumental effort to fuck up the gameplay.

Arkham City was one of the best games I played in an overloaded 2011 that included Deus Ex HR and Skyrim.

I hope this one maintains that level of quality. We'll see.

As for the next Arkham game, I think Rocksteady has established an excellent blueprint for a different developer to build from, so even if the game is not as good as AA and AC from a creative perspective, it would take a monumental effort to fuck up the gameplay.

give the big gaming studios some credit, some are very skilled at trashing IPs...

I don't think it's a big deal with Rocksteady not developing it. Maybe this game will do away with Windows Live which Rocksteady seems to love. Rocksteady never did get Arkham City right with DX11 and they just gave up on it. I welcome someone else making the game.

I don't think it's a big deal with Rocksteady not developing it. Maybe this game will do away with Windows Live which Rocksteady seems to love. Rocksteady never did get Arkham City right with DX11 and they just gave up on it. I welcome someone else making the game.

Despite GFWL and poor DX11 implementation, it was a really good game.

Yeah, they did an amazing job with AA and AC. I'm not saying another couldn't do a decent job, but GFWL is a silly reason to hope for another developer. Be careful what you wish for.

Instead of 10/10 it gets 5/10 because of GFWL. Ok not that bad. :D Truly awesome. I'm for boycotting GFWL games except when it's as good as batman.

Instead of 10/10 it gets 5/10 because of GFWL. Ok not that bad. :D Truly awesome. I'm for boycotting GFWL games except when it's as good as batman.

And Dark Souls, which should be in your queue once I'm convinced you finished Torment. :eek:;)

Back