New Audigy card

Mister X

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2ZS_Video_Editor/
A complete A/V solution for the highest quality capture and playback of video/audio content.

USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Video Editor combines premier audio playback, accelerated video editing and a 4-port USB 2.0 hub in one easy-to-use solution. Accelerated video encoding with award-winning DoMiNoFX video processing technologies ensure professional-quality results on a wider variety of systems than software solutions. High-end audio system provides THX® certified sound and 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ quality in 5.1 or 7.1 surround. And USB connectivity makes installation a snap!

Video

Guaranteed performance on virtually any system - not just high-end desktops - with hardware accelerated video encoding
Professional-quality video capture without digital artifacts, blockiness or loss of detail - even at low bitrates
DV, S-Video, and Composite video inputs and outputs let you connect and preview from any video camera
Complete Video software to edit and create DVDs that play in your living room DVD player
Audio

Premium PC sound system from the leaders in PC audio with superior quality and comprehensive features
Optical, digital, and analog connectivity with studio-quality recording and playback through virtually any audio device

Hmm. How's the bass management? ;)

C'mon. It had to be asked.

[edit]

Seriously, though. There may be something to the integration of A/V into one card. To integrate with the HT of the future, content providers are going to push for HDMI, which is a digital interface for both video and audio. It has plenty of bandwidth too.

I got to thinking about it when I read this article over at Anandtech.

http://www.anandtech.com/multimedia/showdoc.aspx?i=2321

How about you buy and tell how well it does bass management? :p

It is a pretty cool idea to integrate both functions into one product but why USB and not firewire?

Mister X said:
It is a pretty cool idea to integrate both functions into one product but why USB and not firewire?

Isn't USB 2.0 faster and more popular than firewire?

More popular? Yes.

Faster? Not really. Plus the CPU overhead of firewire is much much better than USB on most implementations.

Back