New ASUS A8N-SLI Premium is "warped"

riggs58

Limp Gawd
I just got my new replacement motherboard from Newegg (Asus A8N-SLI Premium), as the other one died for some unknown reason, and upon mounting it in the case I noticed it was slighty warped on one corner. It's not too bad I guess, about 1/8 of an inch or so, but after purchasing a half a dozen mobos in my time this is the first one that arrived warped. It POSTed ok and there were no visible signs of cracking but is a warped mobo detrimental to its long term reliability and thus something I should be worried about?

riggs58 said:
I just got my new replacement motherboard from Newegg (Asus A8N-SLI Premium), as the other one died for some unknown reason, and upon mounting it in the case I noticed it was slighty warped on one corner. It's not too bad I guess, about 1/8 of an inch or so, but after purchasing a half a dozen mobos in my time this is the first one that arrived warped. It POSTed ok and there were no visible signs of cracking but is a warped mobo detrimental to its long term reliability and thus something I should be worried about?

nope. Just secure all the mounting screws. If its working, its fine. Not going to keep bending and then one day just crack if thats what you think :).

I have a question for you, I dont really think it deserves a thread, but you set SLI mode in the bios with the Premium or does it set it automatically?

It sets it automatically. You can also set it in BIOS but the manual recommends you leave it to "Auto."

Back