New AMD system, what needs to be done?

TSx

Gawd
In short, I'm building a new system comprised of an a64 3000+ on an MSI K8T Neo-FSR board with 1gig pc3200 ddr400 corsair CL2.5 valueram, a Built by ATI Radeon 9800pro 128mb, SoundBlaster Audigy LS sound, and moving my existing Maxtor 80gig 7200rpm 8mb cache, IBM 20gig 7200rpm, Pioneer DVD-RW, Pioneer DVD-Rom, and my Kingston network card over to that comp.

My question is in regards to general setup. I've seen a few posts about making sure to use xxx version of the vios, or changing certain settings, etc. I don't plan on overclocking at all, but I do want 'top' performance for what I have. Do I need to get any special drivers or special bios upgrades/versions prior to my setting everything up? I haven't decided between WinXP or Win2k yet, but I do plan on formating the hard drive (the IBM drive has my OS on it) before I start everything up. I had planned on just using the Windows cd to boot from and format with.

Any general suggestions or recommendations?

to my knowledge most (if not all) of those specifics are for overclocking related tweaks which are needed for stability under higher overclocks. you should be fine with out worrying about specific versions of drivers and stuff along those lines.

Back