new 750ti tech left amd app sdk

automaton

Limp Gawd
I am getting intermittent stall and black screen on boot [ 3 seconds]since tech installed my maxwell based card
He left the amd app sdk files in add remove
should I uninstall this

Make sure you uninstall the whole AMD package.

Also you've been on Hardforum for 11 years but paid a tech to install a videocard for you???

Make sure you uninstall the whole AMD package.

Also you've been on Hardforum for 11 years but paid a tech to install a videocard for you???

you make a good point..some strange stuff you hear these days...i guess the number of years doesn't really count for much sometimes..but still LOL;)

you make a good point..some strange stuff you hear these days...i guess the number of years doesn't really count for much sometimes..but still LOL;)
Excuse me I am non mechanical I had a tech install nvidia card
where he did not remove ati drivers I would like him to do it free as part of unfinished job if he screws things up its his liability
I greatly disappreciate your tone:eek::mad:

Excuse me I am non mechanical I had a tech install nvidia card
where he did not remove ati drivers I would like him to do it free as part of unfinished job if he screws things up its his liability
I greatly disappreciate your tone:eek::mad:

Oh come on...LOL...for what its worth..if you paid a tech to do it then it should have been done correctly...or im sure plenty of people here can walk you thru doing it yourself...either way it a pretty easy job
You got to admit....the majority of people that frequent this site are hard core pc geeks....or at least we thought....if your not...well you were smart enough to join this site....thats says a lot right there:)I know plenty of non geeks and i don't think this place would catch there interest for long (cause they wouldn't understand anything anyway lol:)) so there ya go

Last edited:
I mostly need advice
I am in multiple forums I greatly appreciate the knowledge from this forum
I have a new tech and figured he wouldnt leave residual ati if it wasnt ok
wrong:confused:
when I find it I :cool:post new or interesting things:p

but to be honest....most of us would have searched add/remove for any and all amd/ati software before installing the new card...but between you and me it likely aint hurting anything...
because there are plenty people who run both the same time...i would probably would have removed all and used atiman http://www.mediafire.com/download/h88tbxcpp5cjpmq/Atiman+Uninstaller+v.8.3.6_mantle.msi to remove the amd software...
then i would have gone into safe mode and used ddu http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ to clean any and all amd/nvidia left over drivers
after that...install the latest nvidia drivers and call it a day

I would have loved it if tech had done it right;)
its a big hassle to get a ride ten miles and have to pay for gas:(
I hope he doesnt mind me telling him to do custom
I also hope this fixes weird boot stall and black screen before and after welcome logo:eek:

Back