Network+

mkrohn

2[H]4U
How many of you guys have this? I was told by my school that if I go get the A+ and network+ they'll give me credit for a couple of classes that are required for my degree. I'm confident I can just walk in and take the A+ but network+ I'm not completely sure on... Anybody got some tips for where I should brush up heaviest on?

How many of you guys have this? I was told by my school that if I go get the A+ and network+ they'll give me credit for a couple of classes that are required for my degree. I'm confident I can just walk in and take the A+ but network+ I'm not completely sure on... Anybody got some tips for where I should brush up heaviest on?

I can honestly say having recently put my previous college courses and knowledge to work, you can probably walk straight in to A+ and pass with flying colors. Server+ is not much different. I consider Server+ really A++ based off what I studied for and saw when I took the cert myself these past few months.

I'm currently studying for, or shall I say refreshing myself, in preparation for Network+ next week to try and knock out all the stuff I previously learned so I can focus on by CCNA after next quarter is done. I took an Intro to LAN class and CCNA 1 Academy (currently on the 3rd) and so far it's kicking my ass studying wise. I'm not seeing how instructors were claiming the CCNA 1 course would prep you for Network+ because we didn't go nearly in depth on the subjects I'm reviewing. Took some practice tests and just gave up (so I could review) because it was kicking my ass. Again it's A LOT of theory based discussion, but also some very very specific topics that I don't recall learning about my entire CCNA course my college is offering. At least not more than mentioning it once and moving on.

Currently watching CBT Nuggets Network+ videos and it's helping refresh my knowledge on stuff that you'd dump out of your head if you weren't in the industry and saw/used these things first hand. That'll probably be the "GOTCHA" factor. If you are like me and taking the cert to boost the resumé so you can get your foot in the IT door then those will kick your ass. Again I haven't taken the test yet myself, but so far it definitely showed me that I wouldn't feel confident walking in and just taking it off the street with no previous job experience even though I'm prepping for my CCNA this summer.

Yeah I have a network+ book that I haven't gotten around to opening yet. The A+ one I scanned through a bit and it seemed retarded.

I'll look into server+ too. My plan is to try to knock these 2 out over spring break. Take the A+ on this coming monday and the network+ on friday.

I've nailed 3 CLEP tests so far and worked deals with instructors to skip a couple other classes by just taking the final and turning in "projects"

I've been around here for a good decade or so so obviously I know a decent amount about hardware :)

I am finishing my degree, 3 more months, I get to take the A+ and Net+. From most everything, the Mike Meyers books are decent, but not great. There is a lot of his vids on youtube. A friend just passed his, and its a lot of basic networking items, like the OSI 7 layer model and a ton of general networking questions.

Then its on for a bachelors in cyber security and a minor in computer forensics.

I'm doin a double duty in health information and programming with an associates in networking in the mix as well but the focus is on informatics and programming.

This semester I only have 18 credits so I'm hoping to get a couple more classes taken care of over spring break. I'll load up on gen ed stuff for the summer and on my current pace after this falls classes I'll be able to work part time and keep the class hours between 12 and 18.

I dont have too much remodeling left to do on the house. Its easy to live when house payment is only $400

I just slightly failed it in 2005, never went back again. lol

It doesn't hurt to have it if you're getting credit for it, plus it doesn't hurt to have it on a resume either.

I just slightly failed it in 2005, never went back again. lol

It doesn't hurt to have it if you're getting credit for it, plus it doesn't hurt to have it on a resume either.

My purpose is primarily to skip a pre-req class but the cert is better than just passing a class.

What pre-req will it give you credit for?

I was happy I found out today that my school is offering a psych class online. With the other online classes, and transferred credits, I am getting my graduation date bumped from September to June. I can't wait.

I had similar options when I was in school. They are expensive certs compared to Microsoft and Cisco why may have more value, but it can't hurt you.

Total Seminars has different voucher prices. Save 10 or 20% if I recall.

Both tests are easy. Most people go in over thinking the exams.

It is good to browse a few practice questions to get the feel of the test. Like the DMV some questions are not asked in a clear manner. In my opinion they try to confuse the user by the way they over complicate questions.

For the A+ I read a book and did a few practice questions. I took the test 2 weeks later and passed with flying colors.

For the N+ I got in on a deal to take the N+ beta exam for free. Catch is that I found out about this deal a little late and had to take it the next day. With practically going in naked I passed the N+ with no issue at all. If you can pass the A+ you can pass the N+. In my opinion the N+ was a lot easier.

Good luck.

Both tests are easy. Most people go in over thinking the exams.

It is good to browse a few practice questions to get the feel of the test. Like the DMV some questions are not asked in a clear manner. In my opinion they try to confuse the user by the way they over complicate questions.

For the A+ I read a book and did a few practice questions. I took the test 2 weeks later and passed with flying colors.

For the N+ I got in on a deal to take the N+ beta exam for free. Catch is that I found out about this deal a little late and had to take it the next day. With practically going in naked I passed the N+ with no issue at all. If you can pass the A+ you can pass the N+. In my opinion the N+ was a lot easier.

Good luck.
I'm jumping in nearly naked.... I've found most people overdo it preparing for tests and I refuse to spend more than 1 week getting ready for ANYTHING! a couple CLEP I took I read through a book in a single day and took the test the next day.

I'm trying to finish up my homework thats due for the week and then I plan on digging into the mike meyers books I have. I picked them up on amazon used pretty cheap.

I like his videos, but his books are a pain to read. He jumps around in them, and everything about a topic is not in one place. And his attempt at humor, is down right sad in some spots.

I like the Cengage books best for just reading knowledge. Everything is in one spot and easy to find. No parables, or jokes, just straight up learning.

Back