Network admins/networking Guru's I need your help! pls

Impu|se

Limp Gawd
Hey all, thanks for taking the time to read this. I am at witts end, and have no idea what Im doing wrong(i swear i tried every variaton). Well let me dive right in and explain my network setup. Cable modem via comcast. Sony 802.11a 54MB wireless router connected to cable modem. Sony vaio laptop with wireless NIC, and an unused ethernet port. The Wireless router is set in NAT mode, and has an ip of 192.168.11.1. The wireless card always has an ip of 192.168.11.115. I've tried setting the unused NIC to 192.168.11.116. Then set the Playstations nic to 192.168.11.117. I set the "default gateway" option inside network connections of the wireless nic to 192.168.11.1 and of course the net works fine. I set the gateway for the unused nic to 192.168.11.115 and I tried 192.168.11.1 neither worked. I also Tried setting the Playstations gateway to 192.168.11.115 and 192.168.11.1 and all variations inside those 2x2. Here's my Dilemma, Im trying to set up this laptop as a bridge to take internet in via wireless and then spit itout through the unused ethernet port TO a playstation 2. I swear Ive tried everything, wingate, Internet connection sharing, and lastly I tried bridging the connections. Now along with trying these three internet sharing programs I've tried all variations of the ips i mentioned above. Basically im just trying to use my wireless network connection through my laptop as a router. I really appreciate any help and if you need me to elaborate on anything I will do my best. I have a fair knowledge of networking and windows etc so i should be able to get it right. Thanks, and I have checked the net and couldnt find anything different then what i tried. I believe I have the wrong ip's I tried pinging the playstation2's ip but the nic doesnt come on until theres network traffic or a turn on. Ive confirmed that alone everything works. I plugged the ps2 into the cable modem and it worked beautifully. Thanks for listening.

are you hooking up the PS2 to the laptop via a crossover cable? cuz it wont work with a straight through...

your laptop's gateway should be 192.168.11.1

you might try setting up ICS on your laptop and then letting the PS2 get a 192.168.1.x ip from ics

right click on your wireless nic in your network properties, and then go to "share this connection" or whatever, select the wireless as your "internet" connection and then your network card as your "network"

ps2 should get dhcp from ics

I am using a crossover cable. The PS2 would't grab any ip's from ics. Thanks for the tips FLECOM, I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the ps2(obviously).

Back