Netgear Wall Adapters / Linksys Access Points

Synopz

n00b
I have a weird problem, and was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar.

I currently have a linksys wireless G network, and a cable modem. I can't get the signal to other side of my house. So I went and bought Netgear X102 electrical wall network jacks. I removed the security on the jacks, and plugged them directly into the outlets. (Power Strips cause signal interferance..so they say).

One Walljack was plugged into a port on the router, to push the signal. Well I plugged my laptop into the the other walljack, and I got a signal and everything worked fine.

Well I was happy that it was working, so I decided to plug in my access point in the walljack. I then went back to the Computer the router was on, and got ready to install the software for the access point. Well the Linksys program told me that no access point was detected? If the router can push a signal to my laptop, how come it cant detect my access point?

I also tried hooking the access point directly to my router, detected it perfectly and I could configure it that way. Placed it back on the Walljack on the other side of my house, and still nothing.

Any tips/hints/cheats would be much appreciated.

Your post very much confused me!

Ok If I followed you you are trying to connect you AP to you router throught some kind of home power networking device?

The power networking devcie works with your computer, router, and laptop but not your AP?

If you are using the patch cable with the AP and your power networking device try a cross over cable.

Back