Netflix Down Again Today?

HardOCP News

[H] News
I think Netflix just doesn't like the holidays. Maybe it's just too many people trying to watch Netflix at once. Who knows? Good thing they doubled Hasting's salary. ;)

Breaking: This might be the year people with no New Year's Eve plans talked to other people after all. A week after the Great Netflix Outage of Christmas 2012, some but not all users complained that Netflix was down once again on New Year's Eve day, and nobody's entirely sure why this keeps happening at the most inopportune time.

Was on it all day watching Top Gear UK. Nearly 12hrs straight today, only issues was quality.

I actually left the house today, so I'm not sure if its down for me or not....and I'm too lazy to get up and check

EDIT: just checked on the PC and it works.....so I assume the TV works also

I"ve been constantly getting streaming issues the last few nights. I'm assuming it's just too many streams and servers are getting over loaded.

Could be that Amazon has resorted to sabotage to promote Prime Instant Video.

Last time it went down, apparently it was only for certain devices ... perhaps it is the same tonight?

Just checked on my PC and PS3. On Christmas Eve I could access Netflix via PC but not my PS3. Today both work fine. Just the occasional quality issues with the stream popping in and out of the high quality on the PS3 which has been happening for me since they "fixed" the issue on XMas.

works ok for me several times today in Chicago - that is, every time I got on to continue an episode of Slider I've been watching.

Could be Netflix's way of telling us to get the fuck off the computer during the holidays and spend time with the family.

Could be that Amazon has resorted to sabotage to promote Prime Instant Video.

Speaking of which, I watched Captain America last night via Amazon Prime Videos and the quality was much better then Netflix usually is for me. I notice it more in darker scenes. Netflix tends to look really bad in dark scenes but Amazon was crisp and clear. Never noticed the difference before last night.

Interesting, Amazon hosts both services but on their own service does not have issues. Guess this shows that you do not let your competition host your service.

Speaking of which, I watched Captain America last night via Amazon Prime Videos and the quality was much better then Netflix usually is for me. I notice it more in darker scenes. Netflix tends to look really bad in dark scenes but Amazon was crisp and clear. Never noticed the difference before last night.

Hmmm... quoting myself... :p

Anyway, after testing, it seems that my Netflix and Amazon Instant Videos both look better through my PS3 then they do on my HTPC. I find that pretty interesting.

Hmmm... quoting myself... :p

Anyway, after testing, it seems that my Netflix and Amazon Instant Videos both look better through my PS3 then they do on my HTPC. I find that pretty interesting.

This is normal, they don't want us computer folks to steal there movies so they make them look like crap...

Oh Farscape .. one of my favorite shows of all time. Fucking Syfy network and its false promises :mad:

According to my netflix queue, today is the last day for farscape on streaming so enjoy now. :)

I bought the last released dvd collection a year or so ago.

I had some problems off and on with the Wii streaming netflix yesterday, I haven't tried today.

According to my netflix queue, today is the last day for farscape on streaming so enjoy now. :)

This is true. It was in my Netflix queue and it has now disappeared. If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch it for free there. I watched the first 7 episodes yesterday and thus far I'm not sure I understand the passion people have for it, but plan to keep watching to see if it gets better.

Back