Netac M.2 not showing up in windows

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
Just put a Netac M.2 in my optiplex 3060. It shows correctly in bios but it does not show in device manager or disk manager. Bios is set to RAID. Am I missing something?

Just put a Netac M.2 in my optiplex 3060. It shows correctly in bios but it does not show in device manager or disk manager. Bios is set to RAID. Am I missing something?
lots of those dells you can turn os access to drives/ports/features on/off in bios. so check that that m.2 slot is enabled for os access.
edit: it will be under system configuration somewhere.

I just figured it out. The bios was all correct it appeared. System configuration showed the drive as being there, correctly Identified and active. as a last ditch effort I updated the bios to the latest and it appeared, and i used Macrium to clone the old SSD. the bios looks the same as far as how it reports the drive. But something’s different because it works.. I also figured out my little idea using a 3070 bios ( identical motherboard ) won’t work to gain 9th gen support, because the bios utility reads the service tag. I didn’t try it anyway because I still have 8th gen processor. But I’m going to bet that it would come up as incompatible.

Back