Neo-Flex lowering mod?

8Complex

Limp Gawd
Has anyone managed to do this decently? I've got a new setup and my screen is just way too high, I'd like to be able to drop it another 1.5-2".

I've considered just wedging something under the rear edge of the clamp so that is tilts forward more (which works, but doesn't give me nearly enough height change), but I am starting to consider actually taking apart the ratchet/lock mechanism to somehow turn it another notch downward.

This is getting pretty annoying, I feel like I am wrenching my neck looking upwards at it all the time.

my screen is too high aswell (dell 2405) but I don't understand what you want to do :confused:

mai9 said:
my screen is too high aswell (dell 2405) but I don't understand what you want to do :confused:
Basically... I want to mod the neo-flex so that it will allow the screen to be lower.

The arm has that locking mechanism to change the height, but it only allows the arm to move upward. I was wondering if anyone had modified their to move downward instead, or at least downward one notch.

Since this original post, I have taken a pen tube (remove guts of a Bic pen) and put it between the mount and my desktop at the rear section of the clamp. This angled the entire assembly forward (toward me) and caused the screen to drop another 1/2" or so. This helps, but I still don't think it's quite enough.

I got the more expensive arm (LX?) for this reason...NeoFlex wasn't very flexible in terms of positioning.

Back