Needs sum inspiration for a crazy pc mod

Morphes

Supreme [H]ardness
i want to make sumthing so totaly crazy and out there, but cant really think of anything that would get any good attention except maybe locals. I was thinking of something that would really be differnt... so if anyone has an idea that they know they arent gonna use could you post it here? I know i will come up with something or other if no one wants to give away there next idea, and i can understand that... hehehe well thanks in advance

Pure inspiration...

susan.jpg

so nice to show ur mom on ur favorite forum! just jokeing, but a bump anyway

Custom Plexi Case. The shape of the international Power Button possibly?

get like 5 eheim 1250 pumps.... 100 ft of copper tubing and route it thru ur house for passive watercooling...put it into a scanner thing so you can see the mobo....drill holes in teh glass for a blowhole over the cpu.... make a desk!!!:) with waterccoling built in! have your PC mounted on the wall!!(hella low case temps!) make your pc into the wall!!!(LCD monitor in wall with pc too!) those all sounds good to me!!!: )

Have all the componets attached to you. Be a true Personal Computer.

That's never been done before, in real life anyway.

Odd, the other day I had a good case mod idea and I completely forgot what it was now. Dammit!

doesnt it seem like there are no more original mods out there? i remember even a year or so back this board was much more active with new mods that made you go WOW, and just more people posting actual mods as opposed to questions like this post... ahh well, i guess the market is flooded with pre-mods which makes people try less.. I dunno :rolleyes:

Make the side of your case pop open like a Lamborghini door. Hell, do it to both doors, and make it so that they pop open with the touch of one of those remotes that unlock the doors on cars. While you're at it, just make the whole thing look like a sweet car.

Originally posted by Ted Kazinski
Make the side of your case pop open like a Lamborghini door. Hell, do it to both doors, and make it so that they pop open with the touch of one of those remotes that unlock the doors on cars. While you're at it, just make the whole thing look like a sweet car.

I did those doors on my old case.. I'll see if I still have pics and post them later... is was a real eye catcher.

Mod a 12" LCD and PC components into a retired TRS80... don't think I have seen that yet. Take a PS1 mobile LCD and make it the primary display in a cordata portable PC and mod your favorite mini format PC into the chasis.

put some stickers and neon lights in it, then an obnoxiously loud exhaust and DON'T FORGET THE WING! omg then you'll be THE O.G. and ready for the streets...

i dont think this is a lame post man, i mean its not like i havent done crazy mods b4, its just i was at the drawing board and came up with a blank, modders block i would call it. I do know what you mean thou, remember the days when you had to solder your own cathodes up?

Originally posted by Morphes
i want to make sumthing so totaly crazy and out there, but cant really think of anything that would get any good attention except maybe locals. I was thinking of something that would really be differnt... so if anyone has an idea that they know they arent gonna use could you post it here? I know i will come up with something or other if no one wants to give away there next idea, and i can understand that... hehehe well thanks in advance

I have yet to see someone put hydraulics on their cases and make their boxes go up and down like lowriders. Haha you said crazy!

Well Ill give you one idea that was my intention of doing:

You know the hotel Luxor? Well here was my idea:

Build a pryamid out of acrylic. Apply tint to the whole back, and the two side panels and the front (but, dont do the front till later)

Measure out the height need for the bottom for needed components like the resevoir, the pump and a cdrom drive.

Put a layer of acrylic on top of that..

Then put a sheet of acrylic parellel to the front wall. The mobo is going to go on the inner side of the panel, and once you know where it is going to be cut out the square of tint for this section.

Now to do cool stuff with the acrylic. Drill holes for leds all the way around, and put in Blue, Red, Green, and UV. Alternating. Some how wire this up to be control through switches on the side panel.

Do some more cutting on the side panel for the I/O Panel.

On top of the layer of acrylic that covers all the pumps. I would put the hdds, and the mount a special bracket to hold the psu.

Also if you want to spice things up.. run two water tubes out the bottom part and into the top part by going out the front side, add uv dye to it, and then put two UV Leds facing the tubes.

The only problem i thought of was, was the PCI slots because they would hit the bottom floor. Now here are my solutions: If they are available use 45degree pci risers, if not then either increase the height and move mobo until there is no interference
or
decrease the slant so there is no interference
or
increase the hieght less and make the mobo perfectly straight in the air.

Originally posted by misfitsfiend
put some stickers and neon lights in it, then an obnoxiously loud exhaust and DON'T FORGET THE WING! omg then you'll be THE O.G. and ready for the streets...

Ricer.jpg

?? :)

uh oh nice and riced lol, i like the prymid idea but i am not gonna do that... Thanks for all the help guys but i thought of something and its kinda like this one mod but its totaly differnt. Expect to see my first worklog in like 2 weeks, i am going to start planning then build it this spring break, should get some mayjor attention if i do it right hehehe...

anyone got good deals on 3-7" lcd's? (color VGA or svideo/composite?)

This is probably gonna sound stupid, but how about a PC in an inkjet printer? :D I doubt anyone's done it before!

Go kill a baby, eat its innards, then take it to a taxadermist and have them make it hard. After you get hard, take the hard baby casing and mod a vie epia into it for a htpc. Then put hydraulics on the baby and put a speaker in its butt so it looks like its dancing and have it play the dancing baby music. Hookachaka hookachaka...

Originally posted by Tengis
Go kill a baby, eat its innards, then take it to a taxadermist and have them make it hard. After you get hard, take the hard baby casing and mod a vie epia into it for a htpc. Then put hydraulics on the baby and put a speaker in its butt so it looks like its dancing and have it play the dancing baby music. Hookachaka hookachaka...

That's totally been done before. I believe it also had white LEDs behind the eyes...

:p

Back