Need xbox live arcade recommendations

Mtt83

Limp Gawd
I've got a new addiction, aside from COD4, and that is playing the free demos on xbox live arcade. I'd really like to get at least one full version of something. Any suggestions, preferably something that you'd consider to have at least some re-play value?

Rez is the best I've downloaded, followed by TMNT for nostalgic value.

TMNT has no replay value.

I'd actually suggest Worms and Zuma - those have been my most played arcade games. Texas Holdem is a lot of fun too.

Zuma is crappy, so crappy in fact that I keep on playing because it's hard enough where you think you might just win if you play one more time.

Worms has the benefit of being multiplayer if you have friends over.

I think Marble Blast Ultra, Uno and Catan are the best games on Live Arcade. You owe it to yourself to pick them up :)

Puzzle Quest
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - well, maybe not a lot of replay depending on how you like to play, but the $10 or so gets you a good full size game
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - I'm sure the name is longer than this
Omega 5 - if you like scrolling shooters and can play them over and over for higher scores
Rez HD
Geometry Wars
Worms

Maybe Lumines.

I'd say Catan, but I only play that with the real life board game, never played it on XBL.

Hmm. My own list:
Outpost Kaloki X
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Worms
Zuma
Puzzle Quest
Uno
Settlers of Catan
Carcassonne
E4
Rez HD
Super Puzzle Fighter HD Turbo Remix

...but, really, there are trials, so just download them all and see what you like best.

Lumines Live!
TMNT
Streets of Rage 2
Metal Slug 3
Switchball
Marble Blast Ultra
Alien Hominid
Jetpac Refuelled
Uno

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting, Symphony of the Night, Marble Blast, Bankshot Billiards, Puzzle Fighter, & Streets of Rage 2.

Don't buy anything. When your 360 RRoD's and they send you a refurbished replacement console, you won't be able to play any of them anyway. MS's stupid DRM locks them to the xbox you originally used to download them. When you get your refurb, you may be able to access *some* of your downloads if you're logged into Live with the same gamertag you originally used to purchase them, but I guarantee you that at least half won't work.

I haven't been able to play my XBLA games since November. Not that I'm bitter about those four pointless calls to MS tech support or anything...

FWIW, I loved Puzzle Quest when I could play it. Download it for PC or get it for DS.

I haven't been able to play my XBLA games since November. Not that I'm bitter about those four pointless calls to MS tech support or anything...
Send an email to major nelson. He wants to know about this happening to people so he can get it properly escalated.

There's no escalation to worry about here. It's microsoft's policy.

DRM locks the purchase to the xbox you purchased it on and your gamertag --- both required if offline.

If online -- ALL games should work regardless of xbox, using the correct gamertag.

Only arcade titles are disabled offline in the event of a second xbox. It's intentional - not a bug. If you call Tech support you are supposed to be able to have them remove the games that you purchased on your first xbox (sent in for repair) and they will recredit your account the amount of points required to buy them back to be used to purchase the same games again so they can be played offline.

This is well documented on the internet and at xbox.com

Only arcade titles are disabled offline in the event of a second xbox. It's intentional - not a bug. If you call Tech support you are supposed to be able to have them remove the games that you purchased on your first xbox (sent in for repair) and they will recredit your account the amount of points required to buy them back to be used to purchase the same games again so they can be played offline.
All very true, but the escalation is for people who can't get MS's godawful support to do that for them.

Lets see:

Aegis Wing (is it still free?)
Carcassonne
Geometry Wars
Puzzle Quest
Rez HD
Streets of Rage 2
Uno
Worms

If you think a game will interest you download the trial version. The beauty of the Live Arcade is you can try before you buy!

There's no escalation to worry about here. It's microsoft's policy.

DRM locks the purchase to the xbox you purchased it on and your gamertag --- both required if offline.

If online -- ALL games should work regardless of xbox, using the correct gamertag.

This is well documented on the internet and at xbox.com

That isn't how it works any more. They don't refund points. They're supposed to switch the DRM to the new console. I've been trying to get them to do that since Jan 8 (when I got my console back from the repair center) with no luck.

Here's my original thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1272125

Also, the games being inaccessable to other gamertags on my console is causing all kinds of hell in my house. Try explaining to an 8-year-old that she can't track her achievements in XBLA games any more because she can only play them on Mom's gamertag. Also, I **don't want** my xbox online when children are playing with it.

I really don't want to threadjack. I just wanted to warn you how easily you can lose access to your games and how difficult it is to do anything about it. I wish someone had warned me.

Aegis Wing *is* pretty rad though.

For now I've bought uno and puzzle quest. The AI gets so lucky at times in that game but it's a lot of fun. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

XBL has a new service now called XNA. I believe it's user created games that are offered on live for a limited time. There are 7 of them and I've only had a chance to play the dodgeball one so far which was just mediocre. It's worth a shot as it's free for a month though.

Yup, the dodgeball game was pretty bad. Jelly Car was cool, along with The Dishwasher and the Little Gamers (or whatever it was called). I haven't played them all yet, but downloaded all 7.

You played arguably the worst one. :D

The Dishwasher and Jelly Car are pretty good.

Yup, the dodgeball game was pretty bad. Jelly Car was cool, along with The Dishwasher and the Little Gamers (or whatever it was called). I haven't played them all yet, but downloaded all 7.

I guess I got pretty unlucky picking the worst of the 7 first then? I scrolled through each name and their descriptions and Dodgeball sounded the best. :p

Any idea what they're going to charge for these games when they're not free anymore?

Back