Need to see pics of inside of WaveMaster

GNNR |AVault|

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

I have a wavemaster coming in and have been thinking up mods and work that I want done or will do. One thing I definately don't like about the case is the 'old school' 3.5" drive mounts (IE, the two vertical plates that extend from the bottom fo the 5.25" bays to the bottom of the case).

What I would like to do is cut out or de-rivet those two plates and replace them with a drive cage from another case that mounts them on rails in the side to side configuration (rather than the existing front to back) or possibly even just leave it out all together (I may keep my drives in a pair of swap racks in the 5.25 bays).

So, anyone got any links to, or can you post pics of the 3.5 drive racks and how they are riveted or otherwise mounted i in the case?

Thanks!

Bump, got the same case, bought another this AM :)

post some pics after you mod yours...Id like to see em..

Well, plans changed and I am actually going to be doing a Praetorian, an equally nice case with less thermal issues. I will be writting it up in an article/review series however.

I had a silver wavemaster system in for review for a very brief while, but sadly my pictures taken for the review concentrated on other things and not the rivets and what have you. It's a very nice case however, which got me to wanting to write it up in an article.

make sure to keep a worklog here on the [H] for all of us to ooooh and aaaah...ya know?

Back