Need to replace Standby Sup on 6509

We had a supervisor module die (which happeded to the be the stanby at the time), which I now have a (used) replacement for. I'm a little gunshy of the replacement because I'm not sure how the router config part will work. This is an older 6509 chassis that is EOL, no smartnet, which leaves me SOL for help - except you guys ;)

They are Sup2s running in Hybrid mode (WS-X6K-S2-MSFC2). CatOS is 7.2(2), IOS is 12.1(E). Currently, highavailability versioning is enabled, which I think I'll disable so the current CatOS will be auto copied over. Functions as our sole router and core switch. Now on to my confusion...

I understand that the active sup will copy of the L2 config and auto update the CatOS image (as long as versioning is off). But what about the router config? I'm having trouble determining what mode the router(s) where running in, as they don't have anything about redundancy in the configs. The only thing I can see relative is most (not all) of the VLANs have standby ips configured, along with priority. I also understand I'll have to manually copy over the IOS config too.

Can you guys clarify what I need to worry about, and how to go about it? I'm a wannabe CCNA, but the 6509 is a bit out of my league as far as knowing EVERYTHING about it and how they all affect each other.

Do you have an old config from when the SUP was working? You should be able to paste it in.

Back