Need tablet for video communicating with my 4yo daughter.

Undercover_Man

[H]ard Surgeon
Have daughter
Live far apart :(
Voice good, but video best
Need childproof tablet for video communicating
Need app suggestion too
Will buy 3rd party tech to make tablet more secure
Water resistant/proof, tough screen for drops, great front camera, and expandable memory are preferred
She's like me and learns computers quick
Already can operate her moms phone
Suggestions? :confused:

I bought my son an IPad Mini for his third birthday, and got one of THESE cases for it. Honestly, I didnt think the ipad would last this long, but that case has been awesome. I had an Otterbox Defender on mine, and that IGuy case felt way more protective. It has been dropped, thrown, etc and not a scratch in sight. Plus, the handles make it easy to hold and it is just "fun" looking. I love Android, and I absolutely refuse to switch to an IPhone, but I feel the IPad is the best experience for a tablet, especially for kids.

Get an IPad mini
Get an IGuy Case
Use Facetime\Tango\Google Hangouts
See Daughter
Be Happy
Thank Me Later.

Damn, I forgot the most important rule of all...NO crApple products!!! My bad. :rolleyes: But thanks for the suggestion.

While I too absolutely refuse to switch to iPhone, I take it a step further and refuse to buy into the Apple environment. Besides, I wouldn't know how to troubleshoot the device from afar if problems occurred. Even simple issues. I do like the Otterbox cases. Those would surely make any tablet childproof.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Damn, I forgot the most important rule of all...NO crApple products!!! My bad. :rolleyes: But thanks for the suggestion.

While I too absolutely refuse to switch to iPhone, I take it a step further and refuse to buy into the Apple environment. Besides, I wouldn't know how to troubleshoot the device from afar if problems occurred. Even simple issues. I do like the Otterbox cases. Those would surely make any tablet childproof.

Part of being open means keeping an open mind. Whatever's good is good, whoever makes it.

With that said, an iPad mini would be overkill. I'd look into something like a Nexus 7 with a rugged case. Samsung also makes a Galaxy Tab 3 for Kids that's worth checking out; it's designed to be tougher out of the box.

Nexus 7 and Galaxy Tab 3 Kid edition would be interesting. I'll have to do some investigation on those two. Thanks.

Back