Need suggestions on Socket 370 mobo tonight!

paco

Gawd
I need to buy a socket 370 motherboard that will support a PIII 600mhz - 1ghz cpu. It needs USB and has to support PC133 memory, not DDR.

Any suggestions? It's as a replacement for a machine I'm working on. It's for a Dell Dimension 4100 and the current board is fried.

Abit VH6T

or

Tyan Trinity 400

There are more, but those are the 2 that I used in many new systems back in the day, and they are both very stable and reliable.

Badger_sly said:
Abit VH6T

or

Tyan Trinity 400

There are more, but those are the 2 that I used in many new systems back in the day, and they are both very stable and reliable.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find anything. I've found a few DFI, 1 Soyo, and a few Mach Speed boards. I've never even heard of Mach Speed. Are these any good? I'm not worried at all about features or performance. I just need something that runs, supports pc133 and has usb.

Soyo SY-TISU, saw a few on ebay today
Soyo SY-7VBA133U
Abit ST6
Abit ST6-Raid

only bad part about these board is that they are 815ep, and they only support 512mb of ram. but they have good overclocking features, 4x agp, and onboard sound.

Also remember you will probably have to replace the powersupply as well, dells of that age are notorious for having proprietary powersupplies.

==>Lazn

Asus CUSL2-C > *
IMHO

I have had this board for 4yrs now and running @ 155fsb almost the whole time. It is beyond stable, in fact, the most stable reliable board I have ever had (even OC'd). I have a hacked BIOS on it, P3 1000@1162, and 512mb Kingmax PC150. Good friend of mine has the Black Pearl edition, and it was just as stable and reliable as mine.

Back