need suggestions on making sure CPU-200G waterblock doesn't leak

Merc248

n00b
alright... i've been extremely cautious on having my existing CPU-200G not leak all over my new parts that i just ordered, like what happened last time (which happened right after i twisted a crimp a little on the block to get access to remove it, which then leaked all over my video card/motherboard without removing the tube). i did a 12 hour stress test, and there were no leaks, although i'm not sure if that is adequate enough. so here are my questions to you guys:

1.) was that 12 hour stress test enough to see whether or not it will leak?
2.) what do you guys usually do to completely make sure that it won't leak (as in, do you guys buy new clamps, buy new tubes, etc. just for the record, i don't think i would be able to buy new parts for this water cooling system)
3.) if the water, for instance, DOES leak while in operation, how much time would i have to save all my parts?
4.) should i even worry about this? :p

thanks in advance.

I don't know what kind of pump you have, but if it's an AC pump, then just turn it on and leave the system off. Leave it that way for 24 hours and check for leaks.... If theres none, you should be ok. If you've got a DC pump (One that hooks up to your power supply), hook up a test power supply. You can easily make one by taking the motherboard cable of a power supply, and the using a small wire to bridge the green wire to the black on right next to it. It would be easier with a spare psu, as you could leave your current one all hooked up minus the pump, but if you disconnected everything you could use the one that is in your machine without damaging it. Then just hook it to only the pump, leave it for 24 hours, no leaks, then you're fine. The main danger of leaks is getting them with a running system and creating a short... as long as you find the leaks while the system isn't running, and then clean them off, and give them a little while to dry on their own, you should be ok.

ahh... should've said it in the first post. i'm using a koolance exos kit.

i'll keep it running again the whole day today... seems like it won't leak at all, though.

1.) was that 12 hour stress test enough to see whether or not it will leak?

Most likely yes.

2.) what do you guys usually do to completely make sure that it won't leak (as in, do you guys buy new clamps, buy new tubes, etc. just for the record, i don't think i would be able to buy new parts for this water cooling system)

I usually make sure by not runing the computer when I am not around at least few days and checking for leaks every few hours while I am. You usually will find any leak within a week.

http://www.infotechnow.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=54&cat=Koolance+Products

3.) if the water, for instance, DOES leak while in operation, how much time would i have to save all my parts?

Indefinite. As long as it didn't touch some critical parts and managed to shut down PSU before burning thigs off... GREAT. Worst case would be .... you know... most leak point is in direct line with NB, GPU... Now that I think about it... I like my PC-V1000 case even better. CPU is almost the bottom most thing in system :p

4.) should i even worry about this? :p

Not really :) Just keep checking few times a day for a week and than you can relax down to maybe once a week.

Back