need something like Nokia N8, but up to date

I loved Nokia N8 for reasons that are listed below:
-great durable housing
-good looking too
-fits in hand and in pocket
-and still not small display
-great display, and visible in sunlight too
-great ballance of system and hw , so it works smoothly
-and great battery life too (battery really is changeable)
-great camera
-and great sound
-hdmi and audio connectable, so it practically can work as home video-audio
-about apps, it (still) has everything important that up to date smartphones have, maybe old and ugly but it works.

so , is there any up to date model that can give all this ?

well, Lumia 1020 is great phone, but in some (for me) important practical ways is not like N8:
it's much bigger, so it can't fit in pocket,
and battery is definitely not user replaceable.
I don't know about battery life, it should be long lasting (2000 mAh) , but who knows with all that hw and 41Mpix camera...

so, no, L1020 is not the answer :)

I don't know about battery life, it should be long lasting (2000 mAh) , but who knows with all that hw and 41Mpix camera...
Battery life on Windows Phone is generally excellent. Reports of people regularly going 3 days between charges on the 920, 925, and 1020.

battery is definitely not user replaceable.
Yes and no. It's true that there's no battery door due to the unibody on the 920 and 1020, but it's not hard to swap the battery if it's starting to ware out.

Two screws and the phone clam-shells open, battery can be swapped right then and there.

Might want to look at the Lumia 925, then. It's smaller and lighter than even the Lumia 920, has a better screen and camera than the Lumia 920, and has an aluminum chassis rather than a plastic unibody.

Last edited:
Unless you wear tiny and skinny girl jeans or something, the 1020 is definitely pocketable. Hell, my Note 2 is not an issue in any of my dress khakis and I'm a small guy.

Samsung phones are pretty much the only phones that have replaceable batteries anymore, if that's important to you. Some LG phones have it too.

I think you should specify what's too big if you think the 1020 is too big, since it's really not too big compared to most other high end smartphones.

well, Lumia 1020 is great phone, but in some (for me) important practical ways is not like N8:
and battery is definitely not user replaceable.

Know how I know you're a skinny jeans wearing hipster? :D

I work in IT......I have 4 cell phones I have to carry around (one is my personal) for supporting various dept's.......All 4 fit into 1 pocket.

1) HTC Radar (personal)
2) Iphone 5 (Final Assembly)
3) Crappy flipphone (Clean Room)
4) Razr Maxx (Flightline)

Forget the phone, man. Your wardrobe needs a makeover.
I recommend everyone to get some stalker pants.

https://stalker-shop.com/product.php?id_product=10

10-265-large.jpg

Back