Need some Sony SDM-S74 & BenQ FP931 info

Badger

Gawd
I'm pretty interested in these two monitors. Both have DVI, the Sony is 17" while the BenQ is 19". Both are a rated 16ms.

The BenQ is rated at only 16.2 million colors, and reading the review at anandtech it didn't give these 6-bit panels a very favorable review.

The Sony S74 is harder to find info on. Using the search function I found a thread that mentioned the S74 is also a 16.2 million color display, that it uses the same panel as someone's particular NEC LCD.

Here's that thread.

Is there really that much of a difference between 16.2 and 16.7? If both the Sony and BenQ are 16.2, and have comparable image quality, I might as well get the BenQ for the extra 2 inches. But everybody likes the Sony's and says they have amazing color, and the BenQ's info is harder to come by, and anandtech doesn't seem to like their 6-bit panel. But I guess I'm wondering does anybody know how the two look compared to eachother? Or how is the color of a 16.2 compared to a 16.7, and is it something to worry about? Any sugestions or anybody with one of these panels to comment?

Thank you

Back