Need some advice for new case

Geronemo3

Weaksauce
Hi,
Currently I have a dell XPS 8900 with mATX MB.
I like the size of the Dell.

New PC will have:

- Ryzen 7 2700x
- Compatible MB (either B350 or B450, 32GB RAM)
- Vega 64 ( might replace it with 1080ti in future)
- Seasonic 750W
- 2x SSD

PC will be used for light weekend gaming and video encoding.
Not looking to overclock.
Budget $100

Case requirements:

Has to be full tempered glass like the NZXT S340 Elite, Fractional Design meshify c, Phantek P400S.
Also USB 3.1 Gen 2 support compatible.
The only case I've found with USB 3.1 Gen 2 is InWin 101c, 301c

I am looking for mid-tower or mATX case. Something not too big than the Dell XPS 8900 I have which is HxDxW (15"x17"x7.5")

Do u guys have any recommendations?

Last edited:
Those are currently some pretty pricey components with only a $100 dollar budget for a case.

Look at what Fractal Design has to offer or get the Lian Li.

Those are currently some pretty pricey components with only a $100 dollar budget for a case.

Look at what Fractal Design has to offer or get the Lian Li.

Ya looked at some Lian Li as well, most of them are bigger in size and around $200.
I can see the difference paying $100 extra for more RAM, CPU, GPU, but I don't understand how paying that much is going to help my build in performance or aesthetics.

Thing is with Mid Tower cases, it's super easy to find a really good one under $100 like the Phanteks P400s or NZXT S340, Fractal Meshify C.
When it comes to mATX cases choice are limited and a lot cases like InWin 301, Phanteks Evolv mATX are more geared towards custom watercooling.

The CoolerMaster MasterBox Lite 3.1 seems really good though for a $50 case.

Thermaltake makes some some tempered glass cases. Just got a view 31 myself for my 2700x build.

The Phanteks ENTHOO PRO M or the NZXT S340VR Elite would be pretty solid choices for you at that price range. The only issue there is they don't have usb 3.1 gen2 in the front. I'd say your best bet to solve that is to get a little hub and stick it under your table or desk so it's up and out of the way, but still extremely easy to access. That will open your options up for cases.

Back