Need Replacement Fan....

Lt.Doomsday

Limp Gawd
for a AMD K-6 350.
my dad found the computer{it's an Tangent Tower} in NYC,bought it home,fixed it and formatted it and gave it to my sister.

Fast forward to a few weeks back when i was putting an 80mm fan i had laying around in the front fan cage{which was empty,i didn't know}turned it on and heard the CPU fan sloshing around.i've told her not to use it that much,but she went out last night and left it on till i turned it off at about 12:00.

.i don't want to take the fan cause if there's a problem,she won't have a machine and i sure as hell don't want her to use mine.i

need to know what size the fan is.to me,it looks like Thin Profile fan but i'm unsure of the size of it

will i grabbed an 80mm thin profile fan off a old heatsink i had.it's def. not a 80,but i'm sure now it's a 60mm

it could be a 70mm.. some amd retail heatsinks are. but if you have a fan to replace it that fits, by all means, use it :D

Shoot dudes, do a little MacGyver work on it! Use what you have & zip tie, wire or what ever to mount it. You'll probably end up moving more air that way........................ :D

wow,

Resurrection:

i ended up just getting her a new Cooler{Rat Shack}

Took off the old Cooler to find little thermal paste on the chip.Hooked it up right and no trouble...........till the 200watt PowerMan PSU blew the hell up and had that nice "Burnt Eletronic Ozone"smell in the whole house.my dad got her an Antec 350 on sale and i shoe-horned it into the case.then ordered her a PowerColor Radeon PCI Video card to work with her 17' LCD screen she got for christmas.

so far,the temps are good and the card works good.

Back