Need new mATX for my Aria

elmopuddy

n00b
Hi,

I want to replace my old P4S333-M that powers my daughters Aria Cube, any ideas on a mATX with the following:

- 2 internal USB headers (want to power front USB AND Card Reader)
- internal Firewire
- Socket 478 (CPU is 533 FSB)
- onboard video/lan (I use GF2MX currently, so onboard should suffice)

I love the ATI chipset, but no boards have Firewire

EP

Nice little unit, the Aria. I built one a couple of weeks ago. Except I put an A64 based MB in it. Sounds like that Abit may fit your bill :)

How you guys likeing it? Down the road when I get an A64 and one of the 16 pipe cards I want to retire my XPM and 9700 into one of these.

My big concern is the ventilation. If the damn PS even had some more vents I'd feel a lot better. How are you guys getting on? Any mods, like would there be enough room for some side fans in most setups?

Oh, and I'm not an aria owner yet but yeah.... definitely get something with the 865 intel chipset.

how much are you willing to spend? this makes the biggest difference in what gets recommended. the one sticking point is the onboard video. do you really want that, or would a seperate video card do the trick? looking through newegg right now, nothing is catching my eye as reliable. if you go with a default intel board you shouldn't have problems. you're not planning to overclock, right?

getting a seperate video card will open up the field into the more experienced/stable boards because the manufacturers know that the people who care about overclocking hate onboard video. I'm generalizing, obviously, but still...

The IS-12 looks perfect, thanks..

My daughter uses the machine to play games, all of which would play fine on any onboard video..

The IS-12 is the only board I've seen so far with enough internal headers to power the Aria.

Back