Need new earbuds...again

BillLeeLee

[H]F Junkie
Okay, so two weeks ago I bought a pair of Sony Fontopia EX-71 in-ear phones to use with my iRiver H120. Well, yesterday, out of the blue, the right ear died on me. There goes $30, because Sony doesn't really give help unless you bought direct from them.

Apparently, this is a common problem with this model, but I was stupid and thought "Hey, it won't happen to me..." Well here we are.

So I'm looking for new earbuds, I want something comfortable (the EX-71s were very comfortable) with decent sound quality, has to better than the ones that the H120 came with (not very hard, those were not that good).

Don't recommend me any Sony ones, please. I'm willing to spend up to $30 (which I bought the Fontopias for).

Thanks!

yeah, or MX400 if you dont need the inline volume.

however, ive been hugely impressed at the sound quality a pair of philips earbuds i have pump out. only lacking in mid-highs and some lows, but otherwise fine.

It that this only difference b/w the mx400 and mx500? The inline volume ctrl? But how big is the sound difference b/w the two?

N_Raged said:
It that this only difference b/w the mx400 and mx500? The inline volume ctrl? But how big is the sound difference b/w the two?
I owned both for that exact reason, to see if there was a difference. There isn't any that I could tell. Unless the inline volume control makes the MX500's harder to drive, thus possibly changing the way they sound...but I highly doubt that.

Back