Need MB, GPU & CPU - 1,000k Budget

Bambi

I Cleaned My Room - And I am a Dude
I am looking to upgrade my system and want to upgrade the MB, CPU and GPU and hopefully keep those 3 components under 1,000k. I am upgrading from an i7 860. Which are my best options out there? Thank you all in advance.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

GAYMING & Lightroom

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

$1,000 USD
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.

HOUSTON, TX USA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

CPU, MOTHERBOARD, GRAPHICS CARD
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

I have a 850w power supply corsair. SSD, 2xWD harddrive 1TB, cd drive, Wireless Dual Band Wifi PCI E card,
6) Will you be overclocking?
POSSIBLY
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
ASUS 24 in 1920 x 1080
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
AS SOON AS I SEE REPLIES IN THIS THREAD
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
USB 3.0, eSATA, SATA 6GBS, ON Board Sound
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I have a legit windows 7 and 8 64 bit Pro

I'm near galleria area all the time so mc works for me. Oh and its a habit to call it gayming when texting friends to play multiplayer.

That's overkill. You'll be fine with the following instead:

$200 - Intel Core i5-4690K
$105 - MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (instant $40 discount when purchased alongside i5-4690K)
$150 - Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB DDR3 1600
$400 - MSI GTX 770 4GB
=====
$855 - Total before tax
+$71 - Tax

$926 - Total from Micro Center

If you want to overclock right away, grab this:

$50 - Cooler Master Seidon 120V

I chose the video card based on its availability at Micro Center. You'll have to go online for a better deal on a video card:

$370 - Gigabyte R9 290 4GB

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I already have the ram. Probably going to order the card online as the one at mc is ugly.

That's overkill. You'll be fine with the following instead:

$200 - Intel Core i5-4690K
$105 - MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (instant $40 discount when purchased alongside i5-4690K)
$150 - Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB DDR3 1600
$400 - MSI GTX 770 4GB
=====
$855 - Total before tax
+$71 - Tax

$926 - Total from Micro Center

If you want to overclock right away, grab this:

$50 - Cooler Master Seidon 120V

I chose the video card based on its availability at Micro Center. You'll have to go online for a better deal on a video card:

$370 - Gigabyte R9 290 4GB
Could i get a r290x?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's overkill.

"Overkill" is subjective. The 770 you posted is a good card, however it won't cut the mustard when you want to play intensive games like Crysis 3 at high settings. I know because I have three 680's and one certainly doesn't do it in games like Crysis 3.

Could i get a r290x?

Yes.

I already have the ram. Probably going to order the card online as the one at mc is ugly.

Could i get a r290x?

You could but it doesn't really have the same bang for the buck value as the R9 290. Yes the R9 290X is faster but not fast enough to justify the price IMO. If you want the fastest performance at whatever the cost, then yeah, go for the R9 290X.

Back