Need help with PNY 6800GT

Ok I must be an Idiot.. I am running the 62.01 and previosly had the 61.71 drivers. I merged the coolbits 2.0 reg file and can overclock just fine. 417 - 1100. My problem is I have no Temperature panel. I go to the 6800GT tab and get the little additional properties box to the left, but nothing in there lists temps. I had a 9800pro before I got my 6800GT and ran DriverCleaner before installing the 6800gt. Any Ideas? Do I have a bad card?

Thanks!

Greg

gthompson20 said:
Ok I must be an Idiot.. I am running the 62.01 and previosly had the 61.71 drivers. I merged the coolbits 2.0 reg file and can overclock just fine. 417 - 1100. My problem is I have no Temperature panel. I go to the 6800GT tab and get the little additional properties box to the left, but nothing in there lists temps. I had a 9800pro before I got my 6800GT and ran DriverCleaner before installing the 6800gt. Any Ideas? Do I have a bad card?

Thanks!

Greg

Might just be a broken heat sensor on your card.

Yeah I am starting to think that more and more... the question would have to be is that enough to return it and wait for a new one? I got the last one on the shelf at compusa...Decisions decisions...

G

First I wouldn't use 62.01. Use 61.72. Then I'd call PNY tech support and see if they have any ideas. I'd think a broken temp sensor would give a false reading not make the panel go away in drivers. The coolbits2 reg file also messes with your cp quite a bit. You mgiht want to check if that disabled your temps.

It's like it can't even see the temp sensor... I tried Speedfan (newest version) and all it shows is my M/B sensors...It's supposed to detect Nvidia Card temps... I am going to throw it into a couple of other machines I have and see what it does in those... The strange thing is that other than the temp problem it runs awesome.. overclocks well etc... I was under the impression that you need coolbits to see the temp panel.. Regardless I have tried it with both driver versions and with and without coolbits 2.

G

Well I have put a fork in it cause its done... I will either be returning it to COmpUSA or RMA it to PNY. I tried everything.. another machine fresh install etc. nothing worked. ALso I downloaded some Demos from Nvidia's Site and they lock up 1/2 a second in to it. I also installed Quake 3 and it locks up when trying to change the resolution to anything other than 640x480.... Weird how Direct3d stuff runs perfect... Oh well....

G

gthompson20 said:
It's like it can't even see the temp sensor... I tried Speedfan (newest version) and all it shows is my M/B sensors...It's supposed to detect Nvidia Card temps... I am going to throw it into a couple of other machines I have and see what it does in those... The strange thing is that other than the temp problem it runs awesome.. overclocks well etc... I was under the impression that you need coolbits to see the temp panel.. Regardless I have tried it with both driver versions and with and without coolbits 2.

G

You dont need CoolBits to see the temp sensor. And i would just use the original CoolBits instead of CoolBits 2 unless you go back and add in the things that CoolBits 2 takes away from the CP options. I know i lost 16xAF and High Quality IQ and some other settings when i installed CoolBits 2.

burningrave101 said:
You dont need CoolBits to see the temp sensor. And i would just use the original CoolBits instead of CoolBits 2 unless you go back and add in the things that CoolBits 2 takes away from the CP options. I know i lost 16xAF and High Quality IQ and some other settings when i installed CoolBits 2.
That is an easy one to fix. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - Nvidia Corporation - Global - NVTweak. Change the value of "NvCplEnableAppProfilePage" to 1. Do this after you install Coolbits 2, of course.

Scott

Just got the card exchanged at CompUSA... They had 1 left even though the web site said the were out of stock... This one works perfectly does ultra speeds 400 1.1
I am happy now!

Greg

Back