Need help with partitions

Vegeta

Gawd
I'm in a wee bit of trouble.

I got my ubuntu CD's today and decided to partition my 80GB winxp disk and put ubuntu on a small partition to play with it (I'm not switching or anything)

Well I must have misunderstood the ubuntu partition install programme. I wanted to give ubuntu about 20 gigs of space and leave 60 for my current windows install. Well it ended up being the reverse. Now my current windows install is on only 20 gigs and is almost full since there was about 18 gigs of taken space already on the drive, and I have 60 gigs of nothing that I can't access from windows because its the linux filesystem.

I have NO idea how to redo the partitions.

I need to change the empy space on the ubuntu to my windows partion or just delete ubuntu and take back all of it for windows if I can, without hurting my windows partition because it contains all of my files.

Can anyone help?

you need something like partition magic to make resizing the partition easier. It will resize them without destoying data on your xp install.

Vegeta said:
I'm in a wee bit of trouble.

I got my ubuntu CD's today and decided to partition my 80GB winxp disk and put ubuntu on a small partition to play with it (I'm not switching or anything)

Well I must have misunderstood the ubuntu partition install programme. I wanted to give ubuntu about 20 gigs of space and leave 60 for my current windows install. Well it ended up being the reverse. Now my current windows install is on only 20 gigs and is almost full since there was about 18 gigs of taken space already on the drive, and I have 60 gigs of nothing that I can't access from windows because its the linux filesystem.

I have NO idea how to redo the partitions.

I need to change the empy space on the ubuntu to my windows partion or just delete ubuntu and take back all of it for windows if I can, without hurting my windows partition because it contains all of my files.

Can anyone help?

you can just delete the partition and recreate the partitions. create 40 for your windows data and leave the rest alone. reinstall ubuntu and have fun.

Back