Need Help with MP3 Player (Creative Zen)

Hey guys, I've been having trouble getting my mp3 player to be detected on my computer (Dell Latitude D810 Laptop). The player worked fine, I got it 18 months ago, no longer under warranty. I lost the software disc that was included with the player, so when I got this laptop, I tried downloading various drivers so I could manage my mp3 player on the new setup.

Well, nothing worked, my mp3 player never detected on anything, I tried diff USB cables, ports etc, so I figured my player was messed up, so I formatted it. Still not detected.

So basically, I have a paperweight of an MP3 player, and its STILL not being detected. What should I do to reload the OS onto my player, or better yet, GET IT DETECTED ON MY COMPUTER?!

Thanks!

Update: After a couple more hours of trouble shooting with this thing on TWO computers, I've all but concluded that the USB port on the player is dead.

I got it for X-mas 2004, Im trying to get it replaced under RMA, or at least get it repaired.

Update: Creative Labs won't cover it under warranty, can anyone lend some insight on how to fix this?

Back