Need help with data recovery

Geronemo3

Weaksauce
Hi,
Recently while organizing my desk I put the wrong power cord in my Seagate Backup Plus Desktop 5tb drive. I had a funny smell, realized what was going on and unplugged it. The drive didn't spin, click or anything after putting in right cable cord.

I used a sata to USB 3 docking station to confirm that it was still not working, not spinning at all.
A friend replaced the control board and it started spinning like usual, no clicking or weird sound. Now it's not getting recognized my windows, my friend is saying master boot record might be corrupt or deleted.

Do u guys know of any data recovery software I can use to recover data. It's is NTFS file system USB drive.

Professional data recover guys are saying $300 is least they charge for anything doesn't matter how small the problem might be.

Thanks

A friend replaced the control board

Replacing a board these days is not likely to work since there is usually information on the board that is specific to your drive.

Try get databank from runtime.or
Shows what's recoverable before buying, I bought years ago and it's pastured for itself everyday tuimes

Would buying another 5TB Seagate external and putting the old drive into be an option?

Back